AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: bratters on May 21, 2012, 01:54:44 PM

Title: FlightDisplayLite problem
Post by: bratters on May 21, 2012, 01:54:44 PM
I used FDL for quite a long time with no problems but, deciding it was no longer needed, removed completely from my PC about 6 months ago.

I am now trying to re-install but running into a problem with installation. When I click on setup exe. I get a message "dfsvc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

Don't think anything has changed fundamentally on the PC. Any ideas please?
Title: Re: FlightDisplayLite problem
Post by: dantheman on May 22, 2012, 03:24:23 PM
Run the FIXIT program described here:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549

Otherwise do as follows:
Log in as an admin user and do the following:
make a backup of C:\Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat
Delete C:\Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat