AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: maxrad on June 01, 2012, 04:03:55 PM

Title: auto mail/ UCT time adjustments
Post by: maxrad on June 01, 2012, 04:03:55 PM
why is it that radar box manages to auto send faultless logs, then suddenly stops sending, and no matter what I do I cannot make it send again, the only software installed on the laptop is airnav and winxp any advice welcome.

and my radar box is set up in the uk so the UCT time ofsett is 0.00 but because of GMT, BST the UCT offsett needs to be +1 but the RB still displays UCT standard resulting in a one hour diference, how can I adjust the UCT timings shown down the left hand side so they show relavent time to the place I live,
Title: Re: auto mail/ UCT time adjustments
Post by: neroon79 on June 02, 2012, 03:27:04 AM
I have quite similar problems with the automatic LOG sending, but usually it comes back after a few day, but it some cases it doesn't. Sometimes a restart of RB Software or the whole System helps. Sometimes it is working again after clearing the MyLog tables. But I haven't found a reproduce-able solution or a hint what's causing this problem yet, except the fact, that AN stated a few month ago, that 4.03 Software has a Bug which sometimes causes auto-log sending problems.

About UTC: You can try preferances -> General -> and then on bottom right: under MyLog tick "Use Local Times on MyLog". I've never tried this because I'm happy with the UTC times because I've adapted to them.
Title: Re: auto mail/ UCT time adjustments
Post by: FACTflights on June 02, 2012, 07:45:52 AM
UCT  (Universal Time Constant) replaced  GMT several years ago.  It is never offset.  It is determined from the 0° Longitude line.  The rest of the World off sets its time by one hour for every 15° longitude away from 0°.  PLus if you go East from zero  and minus if you go West from zero.

The Time Zones are also called Alfa, Bravo, Charlie etc going West from UTC which is Zulu Time.

The indicated UTC should be loaded from a dedicated time network.

Your indicated local time and daylight saving time is determined by the settings in your computer.