AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: RodBearden on March 27, 2008, 12:59:37 PM

Title: Missing lines to Origin/Destination
Post by: RodBearden on March 27, 2008, 12:59:37 PM
Hi

A little oddity: just now flight COA47 showed up in MyFlights with a full route showing: BHAM-KIAH-KLAX, but with no lines to Origin/Destination. All other aircraft at the time with routes showed the lines, but just not that one.

Any explanation?

Rod
Title: Re: Missing lines to Origin/Destination
Post by: Allocator on March 27, 2008, 01:10:39 PM
Maybe the line doesn't draw when you have a destination, departure and via?

I don't tend to have the route line on, so I haven't really tested this.
Title: Re: Missing lines to Origin/Destination
Post by: RodBearden on March 27, 2008, 01:15:22 PM
Ah - that'll be it - thanks, Allocator!

Just tested it and you're right.

Rod
Title: Re: Missing lines to Origin/Destination
Post by: Allocator on March 27, 2008, 01:28:48 PM
I suppose that Radarbox won't know which leg the aircraft is on, so won't know where to draw the line to/from.
Title: Re: Missing lines to Origin/Destination
Post by: RodBearden on March 27, 2008, 03:33:22 PM
True enough.

I like the lines, they show how close to the great circle route the plane is routing, and highlight dodgy route info.

I recently had a plane with very long O/D lines in a sharp V, highlighting that although it was apparently on a route from Berlin to Stansted, it was heading west over the Irish sea - damned SatNav!

Rod