AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: RodBearden on March 27, 2008, 01:11:48 PM

Title: TED logo for UAL
Post by: RodBearden on March 27, 2008, 01:11:48 PM
Another little one:

I'm getting a few United Airlines widebodies - a 744 and, currently, a 772 (ModeS AAB001) showing up with TED logos in Myflights.

On the basis that these can never have been operated by TED, and certainly aren't now, what's going on?

Rod
Title: Re: TED logo for UAL
Post by: ChrisGR on March 27, 2008, 05:13:59 PM
Rod
check this

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=277.15 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=277.15)

Second post

Chris
Title: Re: TED logo for UAL
Post by: RodBearden on March 27, 2008, 05:53:53 PM
Thaks, Chris, but, and please forgive me if I'm being stupid, what would explain why I'm getting both? They all have UAL flight codes, but some show TED logos, while most show United logos.

Rod
Title: Re: TED logo for UAL
Post by: ChrisGR on March 27, 2008, 06:02:10 PM
Rod really I don't know :)
If you keep only one bmp on logos folder for UAL?
Perhaps some conflict between different logos with same name?
It's a bit impossible this but....

Chris
Title: Re: TED logo for UAL
Post by: RodBearden on March 27, 2008, 06:10:18 PM
Hmmm... UAL.BMP is the TED logo - still hunting for the United logo....

Rod
Title: Re: TED logo for UAL
Post by: ChrisGR on March 27, 2008, 06:57:20 PM
Rod
Maybe this helps you
In previous RB version logo folder I have the TED logo on UAL.bmp
In RB 1.5 logo folder I have the United logo in UAL.bmp

If you running times to times different version of RB you see different logos.

Maybe ? 
Title: Re: TED logo for UAL
Post by: RodBearden on March 27, 2008, 08:06:07 PM
I'm sure I saw them on the same screen at the same time in MyFlights (I'm only running 2008 - uninstalled 2007 lest week)

Now they're all showing as TEDs in network flights.

I'll see what happens in tomorrow morning's wave of UAL flights over here.

Rod


Title: Re: TED logo for UAL
Post by: RodBearden on March 28, 2008, 11:39:08 AM
OK - I must have been mistaken - they all showed up as TEDs!
Anyway thanks to you, I've now swapped it for the United logo.

BTW, is there or should there be a central repository or thread where new/updated logos can be shared?

I've done a couple myself (FlyLAL and Great Wall) that I'd be happy to share.

Rod
Title: Re: TED logo for UAL
Post by: Allocator on March 28, 2008, 12:02:04 PM
Quote from: RodBearden on March 28, 2008, 11:39:08 AM
OK - I must have been mistaken - they all showed up as TEDs!
Anyway thanks to you, I've now swapped it for the United logo.

BTW, is there or should there be a central repository or thread where new/updated logos can be shared?

I've done a couple myself (FlyLAL and Great Wall) that I'd be happy to share.

Rod

Yes Rod, here you go :-)

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=682.0
Title: Re: TED logo for UAL
Post by: RodBearden on March 28, 2008, 12:07:20 PM
Thanks, Allocator, I'll give it a go!

Rod