AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: freqhopping on June 18, 2012, 08:21:48 PM

Title: MyLog slow to log aircraft
Post by: freqhopping on June 18, 2012, 08:21:48 PM
It's currently 1618 local yet the log is only showing flights received up until 1341.  It's been like this for a few weeks now. It takes forever, like hours, for the program to shut down as well because it's continuing to process the MyLog DB.   I thought clearing out some of my old flight data might help since the file was around 570MB but that had no effect.
Title: Re: MyLog slow to log aircraft
Post by: freqhopping on June 19, 2012, 02:34:10 AM
It's now 3.5 hours after shutting it down so I could restart it with an updated NavData file, but it's still processing the log file.    2.2 GHz processor and 6GB of RAM, only 2.8GB being used for everything that's currently running and CPU is at around 50%.
Title: Re: MyLog slow to log aircraft
Post by: AirNav Support on June 19, 2012, 08:15:25 AM
This isn't good news, when the database is acting like this it means it has got corrupted in some way. Do you have any backups of the database?
Title: Re: MyLog slow to log aircraft
Post by: freqhopping on June 19, 2012, 11:07:39 PM
I figured that was the cause.  My most recent backup I could find was from last August.  It's working fine with it.

After the problem started I had been trying to manually delete certain old data in a copy of my log DB by exporting tables, modifying and then recombining.  SQLite browser was having fits with it too.  I'll have to try again with the older good file.  That way I can get back the old data from the newer file that matters, mainly milair stuff.
Title: Re: MyLog slow to log aircraft
Post by: freqhopping on June 22, 2012, 10:55:09 PM
So much for that, it's back to having the same problem.
Title: Re: MyLog slow to log aircraft
Post by: tarbat on June 23, 2012, 07:56:38 AM
One obvious point, but do make sure that Radarbox is closed and definitely finished processing before using SQLile Browser.  Check in Task Manager that Radarbox has finished processing.  Using any SQLite program on the RB databases while RB is running is a sure fire way of causing a corrupted database.