AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: bill2go on June 21, 2012, 07:56:02 PM

Title: Network cost
Post by: bill2go on June 21, 2012, 07:56:02 PM
I subscribed to the network for a few years but decided eventually to drop it.As a casual user I could not justify the charge, which I feel is excessive. If the cost was more realistic, I feel that many more people would subscribe. More subscribers = more revenue = more interest.
Title: Re: Network cost
Post by: CoastGuardJon on June 21, 2012, 08:23:58 PM
Hi Bill, well it's horses for courses, and it's your hard earned dosh, but if we all took that attitude, there'd be a lot less a/c on the network - it's topped the 2,000 at odd times over the last few weeks.   I would agree with you if you're referring to the real-time option, but, (IMO) if a plane is outside my receiving range, the 5 minute delay means diddly squat!   If Idon't input, we lose about 50nm of westerly coverage.
Title: Re: Network cost
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on June 22, 2012, 08:57:58 AM
One can still share their data without paying for the network option, as I do.  Happy to share my data but have no interest in aircraft not in my zone.

Cheers

Graham
Title: Re: Network cost
Post by: CoastGuardJon on June 22, 2012, 10:19:39 AM
Hi Graham, very true and a good point!