AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: KSMF on August 08, 2012, 04:31:26 PM

Title: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: KSMF on August 08, 2012, 04:31:26 PM
Hi,

Recently I have been unable to retrieve WX reports or have Auto QNH select a valid airport. I am able to get Auto Updates for aircraft and can successfully send logs via email from the Radar Box Program. Does anyone have any idea what might be the solution?

Thank you,

Jim
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: tarbat on August 08, 2012, 06:05:27 PM
Which airport?  I get mine from EGQK, and autoQNH is working okay, last METAR retrieved at 16:50 UTC.
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: KSMF on August 08, 2012, 06:18:04 PM
Tarbat,

So far I have tried KSMF, KSAC, KMHR, KSUU, KSFO with no success on Auto QNH or Wx rpts.

Jim
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: KSMF on August 08, 2012, 06:29:07 PM
I should mention that when I try to retrieve Wx info, I get a " Error in retrieving weather information, check the airport code / and or your internet connection is working"   

For Auto QNH on the Smart View page, shows " :not available.

Jim
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: tarbat on August 08, 2012, 07:39:52 PM
What happens if you try EGQK?
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: Runway 31 on August 08, 2012, 07:45:06 PM
Wonder if its to do with airports missing from the database following the last update.

Alan
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: tarbat on August 08, 2012, 07:50:18 PM
Okay, I tried KSMF, and it retrieved the METAR okay.  I have the corrected airports table in navdata, so maybe this is caused by the missing airports in the navdata database.

Maybe AirNav can confirm?
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: andrewarles on August 08, 2012, 08:32:28 PM
I had the same problem with LFML (Marseille).

It wouldn't retrieve weather info until I added LFML back in to the aiports table.
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: KSMF on August 08, 2012, 08:51:06 PM
Thanks Tarbat!
I was able to get QNH and WX for EGQK.
How can I add my airports to the table?
How do I find that table or database?

Thanks for the help,

Jim
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: Runway 31 on August 08, 2012, 08:57:05 PM
I am expecting a new Navdata by the weekend and hopefully all will be restored to normal

Alan
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: KSMF on August 08, 2012, 08:58:50 PM
Alan and all,

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to the next Navdata.

Jim
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: EK01 on August 09, 2012, 02:21:19 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on August 08, 2012, 08:57:05 PM
I am expecting a new Navdata by the weekend and hopefully all will be restored to normal

Alan

Alan,

Have you had it confirmed that future Navdata updates will not affect the routes tables. This caused a massive headache last time .
Title: Re: Auto QNH / WX
Post by: Runway 31 on August 09, 2012, 02:27:47 PM
I wont know until we get it for checking.  If it does I will endure that users are aware but the delay in production is to ensure that the Navdata is per editions previous to the last one.

Alan