AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: hugh on August 12, 2012, 04:34:42 PM

Title: ANRB 403
Post by: hugh on August 12, 2012, 04:34:42 PM
If i update from anrb313 to 403 do i need to delete 313 before putting the new programe on my c drive or will it overwrite the old one.

Hugh
Title: Re: ANRB 403
Post by: Runway 31 on August 12, 2012, 05:04:00 PM
No Hugh it doesnt over write.  Save your mylog file.  Go throught the uninstall process then once that is done go into windows and delete all you Airnav folders that are left.

Install 4.03 but dont use your defaul location the programme suggests, install to C:Airnav or the like.  Once installed replace the Mylog file installed in the Airnav/Radarbox/data folder by the one you saved.

Alan
Title: Re: ANRB 403
Post by: neroon79 on August 12, 2012, 05:06:46 PM
I had up to three different versions on my PC simultaneously without a problem. If you try to install into exactly the same directory, software should tell you that target directory isn't empty ask you, if you are sure to proceed anyway. If you select yes, AFAIK all existing directories and all files in them will be emptied/overwritten. This counts for all later added Logos, silhouettes, outlines, my colours, plane pictures and the database files of course. So, if you want to be sure, you have to back up all this files. The easiest way is to send the directories to a compressed directory like zip or rar. Proceeding that way you can send back all your wanted stuff back after you have Installed the new version.

EDIT: But I'm not 100% sure if it does that way, because it's (unfortunately) ages since I had to upgrade the software to new version. (I hope this coment won't start the next debate about release-time of new version.)

Title: Re: ANRB 403
Post by: MIKE.UTD on August 12, 2012, 07:40:47 PM
Hi,

Can somebody explain what this is ?

Have i missed a new version ??

Mike.
Title: Re: ANRB 403
Post by: RodBearden on August 13, 2012, 12:24:12 AM
Mike - 3.13 ("Pro" - 2D) or 4.03 (3D) are the latest versions. If you've got either of these your software is up to date.

Rod
Title: ANRB 403
Post by: Kenny on August 13, 2012, 02:14:02 AM
Quote from: RodBearden on August 13, 2012, 12:24:12 AM
Mike - 3.13 ("Pro" - 2D) or 4.03 (3D) are the latest versions. If you've got either of these your software is up to date.

Rod

I'm running 4.03 in 2d mode.
Title: Re: ANRB 403
Post by: halky on August 15, 2012, 08:56:17 PM
I too am running 4.03 in 2 d mode not a problem, I am also finding it much more sensitive with on average 40% more traffic visible on screen using the indoor arial, well pleased!
Title: Re: ANRB 403
Post by: FACTflights on August 17, 2012, 04:55:59 PM
I am now also running ver 4.03 in 2D mode and find it to be much more sensitive.
Title: Re: ANRB 403
Post by: CoastGuardJon on August 17, 2012, 06:19:29 PM
I've been on 4.03 since it came out, and find it makes no difference, I think the difference is many more RBs on line and contributing...........................?
Title: Re: ANRB 403
Post by: halky on August 18, 2012, 10:13:08 PM
When I said 40% more traffic that is without the network switched on, purely as a stand alone, I really do think 4.03 has made a difference to me anyway.
Title: Re: ANRB 403
Post by: CoastGuardJon on August 19, 2012, 05:52:28 PM
That's great halky!