AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: CYYZGUY on August 18, 2012, 05:46:25 PM

Title: Possible to Filter by Mode-S and ADS-B by distance?
Post by: CYYZGUY on August 18, 2012, 05:46:25 PM
Hey guys, I am not sure if this is even possible, but I always have my filter set for Distance....I only ever can see the ADS-B equipped aircraft.  But this filter also eliminates any Mods-S aircraft..

Also....my ADS-B icon (globe) does not show anymore in my aircraft list...something I turnrd off?


Is there anyway to show both with the distance filter?

Jason

Title: Re: Possible to Filter by Mode-S and ADS-B by distance?
Post by: RodBearden on August 18, 2012, 08:26:07 PM
Hi Jason

I guess you are talking about the Quick Filter for range. Try the Advanced Filter - I think that will do what you want.

To get the ADS-B Globes, go to Tools...Preferences and check the Tracking box in the Visible Grid Columns area.

Hope that helps

Rod
Title: Re: Possible to Filter by Mode-S and ADS-B by distance?
Post by: CYYZGUY on August 18, 2012, 08:39:16 PM
Ok, maybe I did not describe what I am trying to do correctly...

In "My Flights" where all the aircraft are displayed, I want to be able to see all the Mode-S as well as all the ADS-B aircraft within a 50 NM radius of my home location.  Nothing else...

I tried the advance filter and it does not do what i want it to.

thanks for your reply!


Title: Re: Possible to Filter by Mode-S and ADS-B by distance?
Post by: RodBearden on August 18, 2012, 11:51:53 PM
Well, it's night-time now, and I've hardly got any local flights to play with, so I'll have a play with this tomorrow and see if I can work out a way of doing what you want - some how I doubt it :-(

Did you at least get your ADS-B globes back?

Rod
Title: Re: Possible to Filter by Mode-S and ADS-B by distance?
Post by: CYYZGUY on August 19, 2012, 12:35:09 AM
Hi Rod, yes, I got the globes back..I have tried almost everything...but since Mode-S does not give distance, I doubt there is any other way.  I am in Mississauga, Ontario Canada, just a few nautical miles from Toronto's YYZ airport.  I even tried in the quick filter...Flying Over = Ontario, thinking it would at least show all flights, either ADS-B or Mode S, but no luck either.

See if you can dig up anything.

regards, and thank you
Title: Re: Possible to Filter by Mode-S and ADS-B by distance?
Post by: tarbat on August 19, 2012, 07:51:05 AM
See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1370 for previous discussion on this problem.
Title: Re: Possible to Filter by Mode-S and ADS-B by distance?
Post by: bratters on August 19, 2012, 09:07:09 AM
Quote from: tarbat on August 19, 2012, 07:51:05 AM
See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1370 for previous discussion on this problem.

"discussion" is pushing it a bit!