AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: FraserSoft on August 23, 2012, 05:46:27 PM

Title: Deaf
Post by: FraserSoft on August 23, 2012, 05:46:27 PM
Hi I did a quick search but found nothing obvious, I am getting the feeling that my ANRB has gone quite deaf over the last month or so. At first I thought it might have been conditions but when I put up my dedicated Watson 1090 MHz ADSB aerial up I was getting about 40-60 aircraft showing with a maximum distance of about 175nm. For the last few weeks I have getting about 8 aircraft and maximum distance has been about 30nm. I am located about 15 miles from Newcastle Airport.
Thanks
Alec
Title: Re: Deaf
Post by: Lou on August 23, 2012, 07:20:33 PM
Hi check your connections both ends sma plugs are a bit of a pain to get right sometimes,on the Watson when you fasten the stub mast to the aerial put a strip of s/a tape around the top of the stub mast just unders the radials I`ve had some water ingress at this point on mine in the past
Title: Re: Deaf
Post by: Lou on August 23, 2012, 07:41:38 PM
Or a hefty smear of silicon grease
Title: Re: Deaf
Post by: Runway 31 on August 23, 2012, 07:43:24 PM
Try another aerial as well to see if it makes a difference

Alan
Title: Re: Deaf
Post by: RodBearden on August 23, 2012, 09:18:18 PM
I don't know how long you've had your box, but they do have a 2 year guarantee, and all early boxes are covered for SAW filter failure. Contact Support to check on this.

Rod
Title: Re: Deaf
Post by: AirNav Support on August 24, 2012, 09:02:23 AM
If its a SAW filter issue, we will replace the part regardless whether its in warranty.

We also advise everyone with a external antenna to read the link below.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2759.0