AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: AirNav Development on September 22, 2012, 01:07:02 AM

Title: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav Development on September 22, 2012, 01:07:02 AM
Hi all

We're happy to announce that RadarBox24.com development is getting closer to be finished.
A lot of development took place during the last weeks. We are still doing some fine tuning some features but these are mostly design improvements. We can consider that 99% of the work is done.

At this stage we would like you to review the current work and send us your feedback.
We plan to release RadarBox24.com on Oct 5 th.

The site can be accessed at:
https://www.radarbox24.com/8ZFDvceN7K

Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: Runway 31 on September 22, 2012, 07:31:14 AM
Looking good however, I just noted a Radarbox derived flight VRD0420 being followed by its 5 minutes delayed ASDI derived flight VRD420.  Also Radarbox derived flight DAL836 followed by its 5 mimutes delayed ASDI derived DAL836.

Where Radarbox is providing the data, the ASDI version should be ignored somehow.

Regarding ASDI airline traffic I note some flights contain the registration and some dont, why is that?

Just looked up ASDI provided flight N522BA, other than the registration no other details are provided.  All details have been available in the d/b for over two years so why not on screen.  Has the d/b still to be integrated into RB24.  For your info a new Navdata will be provided before the end of September.

Some flights while displaying a flight ID, dont show the airline on the grid details. The flight ID on most occasions is available in the d/b.  New ICAO and IATA flight ID's will be added to the next Navdata.

Is it intended to provide a recording feature at some stage?

Sometimes when watching the screen the aircraft symbols, ASDI and radarbox provided flash out and in.

Alan
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: daniales on September 22, 2012, 03:15:10 PM
Dev,

This link doesn't work for me.

The options, that you gave 15 days ago, stopped to work.

Thanks,

Dani
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: daniales on September 22, 2012, 03:21:04 PM
Sorry, both of links mentioned are the same.... but, doesn't work for me. Just with error.

Thanks,

Dani
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: Runway 31 on September 22, 2012, 04:51:04 PM
Cant log on using the user name and password provided but just need to refresh the screen to get on.

Alan
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav 3D Development on September 22, 2012, 08:14:41 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on September 22, 2012, 07:31:14 AM
Looking good however, I just noted a Radarbox derived flight VRD0420 being followed by its 5 minutes delayed ASDI derived flight VRD420.  Also Radarbox derived flight DAL836 followed by its 5 mimutes delayed ASDI derived DAL836.

Where Radarbox is providing the data, the ASDI version should be ignored somehow.

Regarding ASDI airline traffic I note some flights contain the registration and some dont, why is that?

Just looked up ASDI provided flight N522BA, other than the registration no other details are provided.  All details have been available in the d/b for over two years so why not on screen.  Has the d/b still to be integrated into RB24.  For your info a new Navdata will be provided before the end of September.

Some flights while displaying a flight ID, dont show the airline on the grid details. The flight ID on most occasions is available in the d/b.  New ICAO and IATA flight ID's will be added to the next Navdata.


Hi Alan,

Thank you for this feedback. I am working on hiding the ASDI flight when an ADS-B flight with the same flight number exists. This will be updated shortly and I will let you know when the fix is uploaded to the server.

QuoteIs it intended to provide a recording feature at some stage?

The "recording" and "playback" features are in the pipeline but wont make it for the initial release. We hope to include this feature shortly after launch (we need more time to test it and dont want to hold up the release).

QuoteSome flights while displaying a flight ID, dont show the airline on the grid details. The flight ID on most occasions is available in the d/b.  New ICAO and IATA flight ID's will be added to the next Navdata.

If you see this happen again, can you grab a screenshot and email me. This will help me out with debugging this one. Send the screenshot to [email protected] or post it here in this forum topic.

Quote
Sometimes when watching the screen the aircraft symbols, ASDI and radarbox provided flash out and in.
I am looking into this one. There are a lot of bogus ASDI data points that come in and I have several filters to try to ignore these to prevent the "jumps". I will modify the filters and ask you to check again in the next day or two.
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav 3D Development on September 22, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
Quote from: daniales on September 22, 2012, 03:21:04 PM
Sorry, both of links mentioned are the same.... but, doesn't work for me. Just with error.

Thanks,

Dani


I forgot to change a line of code on the us1.radarbox24.com server which caused this problem. It is fixed now. Sorry about that.
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav 3D Development on September 22, 2012, 08:53:45 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on September 22, 2012, 04:51:04 PM
Cant log on using the user name and password provided but just need to refresh the screen to get on.

Alan

Could you test out the "password reset" feature since it is not logging you in automatically. Simply click on the "Login" link in the upper-right corner and click "I forgot my password" link. You will need to enter the captcha and your email and it will email you a unique link to reset your password. I would like to make sure this feature is working since many people will likely need to use it. Please let me know if the email you receive hits your spam filter.
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav 3D Development on September 22, 2012, 09:44:06 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on September 22, 2012, 07:31:14 AM
I just noted a Radarbox derived flight VRD0420 being followed by its 5 minutes delayed ASDI derived flight VRD420.  Also Radarbox derived flight DAL836 followed by its 5 mimutes delayed ASDI derived DAL836.

Where Radarbox is providing the data, the ASDI version should be ignored somehow.

I have made a change and uploaded it to the servers. Please let me know if you continue to see this bug. You will need to do a full reload (clear the cache) to get the latest copy.

I have already seen an instance where there is a duplicate, however the flight numbers differ between ASDI and ADS-B so this will take some time to sort out on the server-side (i.e. SWA2002 & 2002 )
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 02:49:55 PM
Hi

Tried the password reset feature and got the email.  However once I changed the password and clicked the link to take me back was informed it was unavailable, I suspect because we are on Beta.

Despite changing my password still cannot log on  using either the new or original passwords.  Can still get on by refreshing the screen but need to resest all the settings in options.

Alan

Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 03:04:17 PM
Flight ID AWE bring up American West Airlines which became US Airways in 2006 major change need here.  Correct info is already in the d.b

Alan
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav 3D Development on September 23, 2012, 06:46:41 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 03:04:17 PM
Flight ID AWE bring up American West Airlines which became US Airways in 2006 major change need here.  Correct info is already in the d.b

Alan

Hi Alan -- thank you for the specific example (this really helps out). Perhaps I am using the wrong airline database to match the three-codes (i.e. AWE in this case) with the airline name.

SELECT * FROM andata.gen_airlines WHERE three_code = 'AWE'

results in:

'America West Airlines', 'AWE', '1', 'HP', 1, 'http://www.americawest.com/'



I am using andata.gen_airlines database.table to match flight number three-codes to the airline names. In this case, it does match to "America West Airlines" in this database. So I must be using the incorrect database/table. Obviously it should be US Airways (the merger happened long ago) but I am unsure exactly where to get this this three-code -> to airline name match. I will discuss with the team to to make sure I get this correct. Thank you catching it. Also, if you have any other specific instances, please post so I can use it as a test case.

Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav 3D Development on September 23, 2012, 06:50:00 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 02:49:55 PM
Hi

Tried the password reset feature and got the email.  However once I changed the password and clicked the link to take me back was informed it was unavailable, I suspect because we are on Beta.

Despite changing my password still cannot log on  using either the new or original passwords.  Can still get on by refreshing the screen but need to resest all the settings in options.

Alan



Hi Alan,

This seems like it might be a problem with the code. I'd like to pursue this more if you can help me. Can you try deleting your cookies completely and try logging in? Also, when you do this, please make note of the date/time (in UTC) and post it here (or email me) so I can examine the log files to find any additional information. I would really like to make sure logins are smooth before we launch to the public.
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 07:04:15 PM
No problem.  I have my computer set to delete cookies etc every time I switch off.  Switched on again and tried to log on 4 minutes ago at 2058 local here in Spain so that will make it 1858 UTC

Alan
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav 3D Development on September 23, 2012, 07:05:20 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 07:04:15 PM
No problem.  I have my computer set to delete cookies etc every time I switch off.  Switched on again and tried to log on 4 minutes ago at 2058 local here in Spain so that will make it 1858 UTC

Alan

Perfect -- thanks Alan. I will get back to you when I find out more info.
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav 3D Development on September 23, 2012, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: AirNav 3D Development on September 23, 2012, 07:05:20 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 07:04:15 PM
No problem.  I have my computer set to delete cookies etc every time I switch off.  Switched on again and tried to log on 4 minutes ago at 2058 local here in Spain so that will make it 1858 UTC

Alan

Perfect -- thanks Alan. I will get back to you when I find out more info.

Strange -- I see the transaction log of the login and it looks clean (it succeeds and logs you in on the server). However there is no other messages on the server-side (i.e. your client never proceeds to request data). Can you try the same exact login process (clear cache and cookies) with a different browser (i.e. Firefox or Chrome) and report the result. Also, if possible, open up the developer console and see if there are any warnings or errors printed to the console (let me know if you need help opening this console).
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 07:12:10 PM
This link leads to FAA 3 letter designators  http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/CNT/3-3.HTM

Other examples ASQ = ExpressJet, QXE= Horizon Air, RPA Republic Airlines, CHQ = Chautauqua Airlines,
AZU = Azul Linhas Aereas Brasileira, POE = Porter Airlines, JZA = Jazz Air, PSC = Pascan Aviation
THT = Air Tahiti Nui

FLG is in as Northwest Airlink, they havent been about for a while.  FLG = Pinnacle Airlines
LOF is in as Trans World Express again not been about for a while. LOF = Trans States Airlines
SPR is in as Eastern Flying Services but SPR = Provincial Airlines
FFT is in as Republic Airlines/Frontier but FFT = Frontier Airlines
PAL shows as Philippines, should read Philippine Airlines

While the aircraft may not display its flight ID three letter designator, the airline is usually available from the Navdata

Alan
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 07:14:29 PM
Tried to log on got the following, using IE9

SCRIPT58644: Could not complete the operation due to error c00ce514.
mootools-core-1.4.3-full-compat-yc.js, line 463 character 27
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 07:21:21 PM
Logged in no problen in Chrome

Alan
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav 3D Development on September 23, 2012, 07:23:10 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 07:21:21 PM
Logged in no problen in Chrome

Alan

Yeah... it looks like this one is an IE problem. Im able to duplicate it on my IE now. I will let you know as soon as I find the problem so you can try again in IE. Stay tuned.
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav 3D Development on September 23, 2012, 08:10:19 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 07:21:21 PM
Logged in no problen in Chrome

Alan

Alan,

Can you please try logging in with IE now and let me know if it works. Also, try Chrome again too make sure that is is still working. I believe I found the problem and fixed it.
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: Runway 31 on September 23, 2012, 08:16:49 PM
Yes able to log into both

Alan
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: Runway 31 on October 01, 2012, 02:57:18 PM
Hi,

When I try to log it I am advised I have "invalid credentials" and cannot log in.

Can you advise please

Alan
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: Runway 31 on October 01, 2012, 03:10:36 PM
Hi

I used the change password routine and now have access.

Alan
Title: Re: RB24.com - Final Beta Testing
Post by: AirNav 3D Development on October 01, 2012, 03:20:40 PM
We are making a significant change to the database this week to improve performance. Things may not work as expected for the next few days. I will post here as soon as we get the application stable again.