AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: sampas on September 26, 2012, 08:34:03 PM

Title: Displaying KML files in RB 3D?
Post by: sampas on September 26, 2012, 08:34:03 PM
With the RadarBox 3D, is it possible to overlay custom KML files in the Google Earth view?

I'm wondering because I produce a few KML files from FAA data for US Airspace. It would be interesting to be able to see those aircraft within special use areas, such as restricted areas, military alert areas, etc.

I'm planning on getting a RadarBox when they're available in the US again. For sample KML files, go here: http://cw.sampas.net/kml

Larry
Title: Re: Displaying KML files in RB 3D?
Post by: tarbat on September 27, 2012, 09:11:20 AM
Yes.  RB 3D has a menu option to display external KML files.

For an example of how I use this feature to display multilateration aircraft from Planeplotter using a KML file, see
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4578