AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: CYYZGUY on September 27, 2012, 11:33:07 PM

Title: DPD Airnav Antenna has a Big Brother now!! Pics...
Post by: CYYZGUY on September 27, 2012, 11:33:07 PM
Wayyyy up, 115FT, 36 Meters

So, tonight I completed the DPD Air Antenna install on the roof beside the ADS-B Antenna.  I have to tell ya, every single frequency I can check is coming in at a full 5 bars, crystal clear.  Toronto North/South Tower, ATIS, departure, arrival, ground, clearance delivery, apron etc.  Also, the planes on the ground now sound like they are up in the sky.  Crystal clear.   As an added bonus, im getting Toronto Island tower with 4 bars on the signal meter and Downsview with 3 bars.....I tested the WX frequencies and I am pulling in state college in pennsylvania like its right next door..
Enjoy the pics!

I am located in Toronto, Ontario Canada, (Mississauga suburbs)

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8319/8031202768_5dde082bde_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031202768/)
DSC_0758 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031202768/) by CYYZGUY (http://www.flickr.com/people/86721442@N07/), on Flickr

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8031/8031204254_68885a477b_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031204254/)
DSC_0756 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031204254/) by CYYZGUY (http://www.flickr.com/people/86721442@N07/), on Flickr

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8035/8031203444_ea16021ee1_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031203444/)
DSC_0757 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031203444/) by CYYZGUY (http://www.flickr.com/people/86721442@N07/), on Flickr

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8169/8031209389_6a8a322bd1_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031209389/)
DSC_0752 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031209389/) by CYYZGUY (http://www.flickr.com/people/86721442@N07/), on Flickr

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8042/8031208927_48838d2115_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031208927/)
DSC_0753 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031208927/) by CYYZGUY (http://www.flickr.com/people/86721442@N07/), on Flickr

(http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8181/8031205215_82f40dda8b_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031205215/)
DSC_0759 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/8031205215/) by CYYZGUY (http://www.flickr.com/people/86721442@N07/), on Flickr
Title: Re: DPD Airnav Antenna has a Big Brother now!! Pics...
Post by: RNAGG on September 28, 2012, 11:55:06 AM
Congratulations CYYZGUY !

Thank you to share photos of their antennas.
I would love to have these antennas here in Brazil, but our service Post Office does not accept the dimensions of it.