Hi all in the forum,
My Box suddenly stopped to decode anything (previous range with outdoor aerial about 120 Nm). Airnav support suggests me to send the Box to Waters & Stanton PLC. But I'm in Poland so that is the "last chance" solution I will undertake. May be somebody in the forum had similar error (part of elf file below) and a solution could be simpler than sending the Box overseas.
elf file header
EurekaLog 6.0.18
Application:
------------------------------------------------------
1.1 Start Date : Sun, 7 Oct 2012 20:50:33 +0200
1.2 Name/Description: ANRB.exe
1.3 Version Number : 3.1.1.77
1.4 Parameters :
1.5 Compilation Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 05:25:59 +0200
1.6 Up Time : 34 seconds
Exception:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.1 Date : Sun, 7 Oct 2012 20:51:08 +0200
2.2 Address : 0081BCC9
2.3 Module Name : ANRB.exe
2.4 Module Version: 3.1.1.77
2.5 Type : EAccessViolation
2.6 Message : Access violation at address 0081BCC9 in module 'ANRB.exe'. Read of address 000003E4.
2.7 ID : A96B
2.8 Count : 1
2.9 Status : New
2.10 Note :
end of elf,
Best regards,
Sylvester, Poland
Sylvester,
If its software related, re-install the software may sort it but I would have thought support would have taken that into account with their suggestion.
Alan
Sylvester,
As Alan suggests, before sending it to be repaired try re-installing the software. Before doing so, make a backup of the NavData and Mylog files in the data folder.
Once the software has been re-installed, try running it before restoring the NavData and Mylog files.
Andrew
Thank you for answers. I have reinstalled soft/drivers (in various versions to be sure) on the same machine and on the another one - unfortunately without any effect. So it seems to be hardware malfunction:-(
Regards,
Sylvester
I experienced the same problem. The box worked well for three months then just stopped receiving. Support suggested I send it to Water & Stanton, which I did. That was two months ago, I received a letter from them a few days back, informing me that they have received the box.
John
ZS1AGH
If the signal light isn't flashing, the hardware is bad. My has failed twice.
My box has been returned from Waters & Stanton, but is sitting on the shelf at our local post office. Customs won't release it until I pay import tax.
Excuse me, import tax ?! I had to pay it when I bought a new product. If it came from repair this is the same product (or replaced one) but not the second one for may shelf. John, have you asked post office staff what is a law basis for requesting import tax in this case ?
I have not send my RB to W&S yet so this is important question.
Signal light flashes weekly in blue. The answer what is going on is hidden in a line " Access violation at address 0081BCC9 in module 'ANRB.exe'. Read of address 000003E4." of elf file because it's the same in reinstalled soft on two different computers I have checked. Unfortunately only Airnav programmers could decode this.
Best regards,
Sylvester
Hi F, it sounds as though you'll need to contact your local Customs office to explain that you had sent this unit away for repair and that any Import duty had been paid by the dealer who imported it. HTH
Spoke to the customs officials, they want written proof that it was returned and repaired under warranty.
Got an email from AirNav confirming that the unit was returned and repaired under warranty, so will send that to customs next week.
Hold thumbs for me guys, I don't want to pay the government unnecessary money.
Hi John,
That sounds more hopeful, although I suspect they'll want a hard copy on paper to file (that's how Civil Service Agencies and Depts. all work in the UK -- speaking as a reluctantly bureaucratic UK Government Agency employee!!!). I can't remember if AirNav enclosed any sort of Invoice/Delivery Note when they returned mine under warranty.
There might be something in the box, who knows.
As I told the Customs Official, I do not know what is in the box, it could be the old device that has been repaired, it could be a brand new device, it could be the old one that is unserviceable.
I will not know untill I have opened it.
Hi John, how are you talking to Customs - is the parcel being held locally?
Cześć Sylvester,
My box stopped workign tonight as well. No flights were being tracked and the hardware light on the lower left hand side of the app showed "checking". This happens to me on occation usually after installing an update from Microsoft.
Try this:
- Download the latest drives from AirNav.
- Go to Device Manager and locate the AirNav Radarbox
- Right click on the device and choose uninstall
- Once complete, unplug the USB cable for the Radarbox, count to 5 and then plug it back in.
- The device should be re-discovered.
- Either tell it to stop looking for the driver in Windows Update or wait for it to fail.
- Back in Device Manager locate the RadarBox, right click again and choose Update Software Driver
- Once complete, try the RadarBox software again.
Na razie
Rich
The custom officials are at the mail depot which is about 20 km from me. The local post master now has all the documents that I can furnish, he will send it and the parcel to customs. It is now completely out of my hands, I just have to wait for the outcome.
Hi John, I was going to suggest similar and take bank statement or proof of how you paid for it in the first place. HTH. CGJon
Cześć Rich,
Thanks for info. I have done almost everything with soft (including tasks from your list, I guess). The most important test of RB was to install "brand new" last version of soft in a computer where RB soft has never been installed. Still not working. So I decided to send the Box for repair.
pozdro,
Sylwek
Got my box back about an hour ago, South African Revenue Services released it after documentation was provided.
Will give a report later.
Thank you to support and Waters & Stanton.
John
ZS1AGH
Wel done, John - hope it works!
EDIT - looks to be working - I'm seeing returns from Cape Town again :-)
Rod
Hi John,
Good news indeed!
Seems to be working well so far, but does not remember the polar diagram. It builds a new polar diagram, but when anything is changed, it starts afresh with a new polar diagram.
The data files D012 only has zeros in it.
Maybe I should reinstall 4.03
John
ZS1AGH
John,
Try going into Windows - Record Desktop before switching off.
Ian
Thanks Ian,
Will try that.
John
Hi, my box has stopped receiving also. How much do they charge for repair as my box is 3 years old?
Thanks
Stephen
Give Walters and Stanton a call Tel +44(0)1702 206835
Alan
Ok Thanks
Regards
Stephen
Quote from: fossie1 on November 04, 2012, 12:52:09 PM
Hi, my box has stopped receiving also. How much do they charge for repair as my box is 3 years old?
Hi Stephen,
Depends what they find wrong, if it's the normal problem with earlier Boxes (not wrong psu or similar user fault), they may do it for free, as this was a built-in defect (which AN will deny, no doubt, but so many going u/s tells its own story - AN and W&S have been absolutely superb in putting this correct however - so fair play to them!).
Hi CoastGuardJon,
Could you specify what the normal problems (statistically the most common) with earlier Boxes are? My Box is about 3 years old, too.
Regards,
Sylvester
I belive it was the SAW filter on a specific series of box numbers on very early boxes
Alan
Hi Sylvester,
I don't know about "statistically" more like "statically" blowing the SAW filter, which as far as I'm aware affected all the earlier Boxes, my serial no. is 101XX, 03/12/2009 Engineers Comments on mine "front end SAW filter replaced tested all working ok", and 11/01/2010 Engineers Comments "board replaced usb replaced tested ok" and been erfect ever since, just some antenna problems. HTH
Hi all,
Thank you for sharing your experiences. In may case service comment is: "We have replaced F1 + added a resistor modification to help reduce chance of damage to the SAW Filter" Sounds familiar.
Regards,
Sylvester
I never got a report from the technicians that repaired my ANRB.
Hi John, was there no delivery note or other sheet of paper enclosed with the returned unit?
None, maybe customs removed it.
Hi John, it would be worth emailing W&S with the Ticket Number and asking them what had to be done.
Hi all,
A final update to this topic. Just have received the Box from Waters & Stanton. Works as new. Many thx to W&S for help.
Sylvester
Hi Sylvester,
I am still waiting on mine, hope to see it back soon.
What was wrong with your box and how long was yours away?
Stephen
Hi fossie1
W&S said as follow: "We have replaced F1 + added a resistor modification to help reduce chance of damage to the SAW Filter. Also we have improved the solder connection of the USB socket to the PCB"
The whole repair (postage time including) took about 2 - 3 weeks.
Regards,
Sylvester
Hi Sylvester,
I posted mine a month this coming Monday, so should see it this incoming week.
Thanks for the info.
Regards
Stephen