AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: G8VXY on October 12, 2012, 06:46:51 AM

Title: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: G8VXY on October 12, 2012, 06:46:51 AM
Notice that the flight info for Thompson airways is normally incorrect, just seen G-OOBD south  of EGNX on climb out as TOM64A, but showing EGKK-LEMH

Then G-OOBN departing EGBB as TOM8KC LEMG-EGKK

Is this pilots setting the wrong data for ADS-B or the AirNav database
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: Runway 31 on October 12, 2012, 07:07:03 AM
Its the server which holds the route info, if you have the correct route info, please forward it and I will arrange for it to be updated.

Same goes with any airline, if anyone knows route details send it on and the server will be updated

Alan
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: EK01 on October 12, 2012, 09:38:54 AM
I continually use 'Flightradar 24' to obtain the correct route data as the information in the AN database is often incorrect and not just for Thomsons. However, I would probably wait until after the 25th October before changing anything on your database as the Winter timetables will then be upon us heralding even more incorrect information.
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: Runway 31 on October 12, 2012, 09:48:30 AM
Thanks Ian, I didnt know the timetable changeover date.  Do all airlines change their route details on that date?

Alan
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: EK01 on October 12, 2012, 09:57:37 AM
Alan,

The schedules/route details changeover normally coincides with the time changes of going back/forward one hour. Having now looked , I think that is around Saturday the 27th October with the winter timetable therefore starting on Sunday the 28th October.

I would imagine all airlines would make any required changes at that time.

Ian
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: G8VXY on October 12, 2012, 10:54:44 AM
Thanks for the info.

Suppose it is down to collating the info and as Thompson's is a charter company the info is not that easy to come by.

Regarding timetable adjustments this is because of Europe's daylight saving by changing the clocks, in the UK Clocks go back (BST to GMT) last Sunday in October and forward (GMT to BST) last Sunday of March, Europe now changes on the same days but is always one hour ahead of the UK.
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: EK01 on October 12, 2012, 02:25:47 PM
G8VXY,

Give Flightradar 24 a go. I've find them ok with tie-ups of Thomson routes. It will accept their alpha numeric flight numbers quite happily.
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: Runway 31 on October 12, 2012, 03:24:20 PM
I,m using them  Ian to to some updating.

Alan
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: G8VXY on October 12, 2012, 04:59:07 PM
Most airlines use the flight code as their call sign and I was wondering if  Thomson's using TOM + 4 numbers was to long for the ADS-B protocol

Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: EK01 on October 13, 2012, 09:28:33 AM
Not a problem. Many route numbers consist of the ICAO code plus 4 numbers for example I currently have on the grid RYR5022 and RYR5383 along with an Air Berlin showing BER608K
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: EK01 on October 13, 2012, 09:34:34 AM
Quote from: Runway 31 on October 12, 2012, 03:24:20 PM
I,m using them  Ian to to some updating.

Alan

Alan,

For Ryanair alphanumerics you can also try :

http://alpha-callsigns.blogspot.com.es/2012/04/ryanair-summer-2012.html

although it will probably soon be out of date with moving onto winter schedules. Some of the details may still be ok, I'm not sure. The only problem I have with this site is that the details are not in alphabetical order therefore you have to scroll through the whole page if looking for a particular flight routing tie-up.

Ian
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: Runway 31 on October 13, 2012, 11:00:06 AM
Cheers Ian,

I will leave Ryanair until after the changes

Alan
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: tarbat on October 13, 2012, 02:05:03 PM
See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PP-logs-and-routes/ for up to date route data.

But please note the copyright notice:
This data may not be copied, published, or incorporated into other databases without the explicit permission of David J Taylor, Edinburgh.
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: Runway 31 on October 13, 2012, 03:13:36 PM
Thanks Tarbet

Alan
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: typist on October 28, 2012, 08:54:02 PM
there seems to be no route information for  VietJetAir (VJC) at all. I picked up around 20-30 different callsigns/flight numbers so far, none with routes on the Airnav DB. This isn't a big issue for me, just fyi, in case anyone wants to add it.
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: Runway 31 on October 28, 2012, 08:55:59 PM
If I can find the data I will add them.  Plenty of routes to add  :-))

Alan
Title: Re: Thompson's inaccurate route info
Post by: typist on October 29, 2012, 01:25:11 AM
oops sorry I just noticed I posted in the wrong thread, I wanted to post in the DB update thread, sorry, to many windows open.

Alan, I'll find the routes later today, and pm them to you :)