AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: vaca05 on November 01, 2012, 02:06:49 AM

Title: radarbox reception issue
Post by: vaca05 on November 01, 2012, 02:06:49 AM
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my rb picking up any flights. One day I can pick up around 30 flights and it will continue to pickup around 25-30 flights on average for a few days. Then the next day, my rb cant pick up but 1-2 flights. I live in an apartment so, granted, my antenna is not in the best of spots but why does it pick up a good amount one day and almost nothing the next? Getting frustrated.
Thanks for any insight.
Larry
Title: Re: radarbox reception issue
Post by: FACTflights on November 01, 2012, 07:38:54 AM
Have you taken note of the weather ?

In our area, the aircraft fly different routes depending on the weather.

On certain days, because of the weather, they may be flying such that your aerial is blocked by buildings.

John
Title: Re: radarbox reception issue
Post by: vaca05 on November 02, 2012, 10:32:56 PM
Hi John,

The weather has been clear. Granted I live on the ground floor in an apartment with a building face north of me. I usually pickup  around 15-20 flights but last week I was only getting 1-4 flights. So I turned off my rb for now. I may try and get an antenna for apartments and condos to see if that helps. Any other solutions would be great.
Larry
Title: Re: radarbox reception issue
Post by: Runway 31 on November 03, 2012, 08:15:51 AM
It may just be a lack of traffic in your line of sight on a particular day.

Maybe try taking the box out to somewhere with a clear view around if you have a laptop to check if the box is picking up OK.  If not it may have developed a fault.

Alan
Title: Re: radarbox reception issue
Post by: vaca05 on November 06, 2012, 10:54:40 PM
Hi Alan,

I think I may have found my problem. The connection to rb reciever is loose. I think it is time to get a new antenna. Thanks for everyone's help.

Larry