AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 04:20:44 PM

Title: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 04:20:44 PM

This flight has the wrong route in data base but when i edit my data base the wrong route keeps coming back in on screen even when its deleted from data base.
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: EK01 on November 19, 2012, 04:30:36 PM
Hugh,

After you have corrected the route details in your d/b, do 2 things :

1 - Click on 'Show All' in database explorer then close it down.
2 - Untick and retick 'Process Hardware Flights' on the grid on the main AN screen.

That should do the trick.
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 19, 2012, 04:43:58 PM
It is on the server as EDDF-EGKK

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 04:48:29 PM


Flight is EGNT-EDDL.
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 19, 2012, 05:02:37 PM
FR24, Libhomeradar and planefinder give it as EDDF-EGKK. Where do you get EGNT-EDDL Hugh?

Alan

Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: anorak on November 19, 2012, 05:09:42 PM
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthansa/Boeing-737-530/2129797/L/&sid=9830ab53f92fb13397c97c4d7d374af8
See this link as well.
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 06:06:09 PM
Had radio on do you think they use flight numbers for diffrent flights on diffrent days.

Hugh
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 06:10:55 PM
I have been checking flight numbers with departures from newcastle with airband radio when i have box on.
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 19, 2012, 06:16:00 PM
DLH1PL is the inbound flight to Newcastle at 1520, DLH8CL is the outbound flight to Dusseldorf at 1555

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: John Racars on November 19, 2012, 06:17:00 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on November 19, 2012, 05:02:37 PMWhere do you get EGNT-EDDL?

Hi Allan,

I think EGNT-EDDL is correct (for this Winter season 2012/2013...). I got it from http://travel.flightexplorer.com/TrackFlight.aspx

It looks a verry reliable site to me until sofar.
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 06:23:18 PM
Hi Allan is that not the summer flight number.

Hugh
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 19, 2012, 06:25:42 PM
Hugh/John

I will look for the arrival/departure tomorrow and make any necessary changes, thanks to you both

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 06:26:12 PM
who do i send updated info for routes too Alan

Hugh
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 19, 2012, 06:30:09 PM
Myself Hugh

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: John Racars on November 19, 2012, 06:58:52 PM
Quote from: hugh on November 19, 2012, 06:23:18 PM
is that not the summer flight number.

according to http://www.libhomeradar.org/databasequery/ EDDF-EGKK it was.
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 07:31:54 PM
john

No route has been shown from the end of October.

Hugh
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 19, 2012, 07:34:01 PM
Proves you right, what do you have for the inbound flight number Hugh

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: John Racars on November 19, 2012, 08:10:01 PM
Quote from: hugh on November 19, 2012, 07:31:54 PMNo route has been shown from the end of October.

Untill the end of October, wenn Summerseason ends, it was EDDF-EGKK. From the end of October the Winterseason 2012 / 2013 started also with NEW DLH alpfhanummeric flightid's... So DLH4HV is now EGNT-EDDL. Next season it could be (p.e.) EGPD-EDDM.......

So it is going the last years with every change of DLH timetableseason.
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 08:10:31 PM
Alan

Will have a look tomorrow afternoon and will let you know.

Hugh
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 09:26:38 PM
Got some more do i start a new thread or send direct to you.

Hugh
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 09:48:31 PM
 Inbound flight DLH2CK ON 8/11/2012.  EDDL-EGNT.
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 19, 2012, 09:50:44 PM
Thanks Hugh

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: hugh on November 19, 2012, 09:57:06 PM
do routes go to database update thread as all of them are for aircraft.

Hugh
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: mikek on November 19, 2012, 10:05:24 PM
Hi Alan, which board would you like route updates posted?
I don't particularly look out for them but when I notice they are wrong or missing I'm happy to provide what I can.

Mike
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 19, 2012, 10:10:45 PM
Its all the same database so if anyone would like to post routes please post them on the d/b update thread

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Hawkeye on November 20, 2012, 03:48:53 PM
 Alan,

I must admit I didn't know until this thread started that routes were being updated by the team, - I can't remember seeing any requests being submitted to the d/b update thread.

You're a brave lot taking routes on as well as aircraft. Gluttons For Punishment springs to mind :-) You'll struggle to keep you heads down from the snipers. 
As we all know the whole thing's a minefield. It always has been and always will be unless up to date data is provided, regularly, by the airline people who allocate callsign/route.  And that ain't going to happen is it?
As it stands now, on any day, incorrect and conflicting data is found on the sites which are the main souces of info for route databases.
Having said that, it is often quite easy to individually confirm routes and should be more so now that Radarbox24 has been introduced, and I would suggest only personally verified ones should be submitted.

I also think think that now members have started sending them it may not be long before you get more for routes than aircraft and would suggest two separate threads, - one for each subject.

Anyway, having volunteered for the task, get you flak jackets and tin helmets on and the best of luck.

Regards,
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 20, 2012, 04:42:16 PM
I have a hard skin Syd and if I get it wrong and someone tells me its different I will happily change it.  Just like the aircraft details it enhances the experience for me so I am quite happy to do it.

Yes its a minefield especially at this time of year due to the winter/summer changes.  Its not so bad when the ID hasnt been used before but like DLH who quite happily change ID's to another route and seeing an aircraft that all the usual sites is operating ***-*** and I see it landing at &&&  !!!!

I note your comment about another thread and I will wait and see how many route changes are forwarded.

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: John Racars on November 20, 2012, 06:46:41 PM
Quote from: hugh on November 19, 2012, 09:48:31 PM
Inbound flight DLH2CK ON 8/11/2012.  EDDL-EGNT.

I am verry sorry. All this was going about DLH4HV I thought. Maybe we can start a discussion about DLH2W....
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 20, 2012, 07:23:02 PM
Why so cryptic John!!

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: John Racars on November 20, 2012, 07:46:27 PM
Ooops! It was not my intention to be cryptic. I do not understand anymore what the subject of this tread is.

DLH4HV or DLH2CK...
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 20, 2012, 07:47:21 PM
What do you want it to be John, the floor is yours

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: John Racars on November 20, 2012, 07:56:04 PM
Thank you!

All clear I think?

DLH2CK=EDDL-EGNT
DLH4HV=EGNT-EDDL
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 20, 2012, 08:06:38 PM
Correct John, inbound and outbound to Newcastle now what about DLH2W?

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: John Racars on November 20, 2012, 08:39:23 PM
Hi Alan,

Pffffffff.......nothing about DLH2W. Sorry you do not understand me. It was a little joking from side only. And I am sorry for that. I will never do so again. I hope to make clear that I do not understand anymore where this discussion was going about.

But it is all clear to me now. It was not a discussion but a question. What's the flight-id of DLH flight EDDL-EGNT? Seen the answer I still not understand why DLH4HV is the subject....
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 20, 2012, 08:46:05 PM
John,

Slight language troubles, no worries, sometimes humour doesnt travel well when written down.

DLH4HV was showing on the network as EDDF-EGKK as per summer schedule but was wrong and as been corrected to EGNT-EDDL as per winter schedule with DLH2CK the return back to EDDL.

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: John Racars on November 23, 2012, 04:04:07 PM
Thank you my friend!

If you, or other forum-members, interested in I can give you an actuall list of actuall DLH (or other) flight id's based on my situation. To / From EHAM and the UK over the Netherlands.
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: Runway 31 on November 23, 2012, 04:08:53 PM
Thanks John, just added in all the DLH alpha-numeric callsigns in this morning should be in the server tonight

Alan
Title: Re: DLH4HV wrong route
Post by: John Racars on November 23, 2012, 04:15:28 PM
OK Allen! Thank you verry much for the good work! If I can do something to help in future please let me know.