AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Bigyun2000 on April 01, 2008, 09:15:05 PM

Title: Help Please for SHT Flight ID's
Post by: Bigyun2000 on April 01, 2008, 09:15:05 PM
Hi all.

I have just noticed quite a few a/c with flight id as SHT###

The a/c belong to British Airwars and as far as i can see, each a/c has the registration G-EU## and are mainly if not all A319.

I checked my book and it says on order so no data given in this current book.
Also there is no company logo for SHT.

Can anyone help please and perhaps have a logo.
I did think that maybe these flight id's where test flights.
Thanks
Tony
Title: Re: Help Please for SHT Flight ID's
Post by: RodBearden on April 01, 2008, 09:42:23 PM
Hi Tony

Re the logo, I just copied the BAW.bmp logo as SHT.bmp - works fine!

Don't know the derivation of the SHT code though, but I can imagine what the ATCOS call them!

EDIT - just looked it up - it's BA Shuttle.

Rod
Title: Re: Help Please for SHT Flight ID's
Post by: Bigyun2000 on April 01, 2008, 10:02:26 PM
Thanks Rod

Have a look here http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=225820&sid=32a06bebbde36b87d36af7a69d7cb917 (http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=225820&sid=32a06bebbde36b87d36af7a69d7cb917)
Title: Re: Help Please for SHT Flight ID's
Post by: RodBearden on April 01, 2008, 10:40:53 PM
Good link there - thanks!

Maybe I'll do a separate logo for SHT sometime soon just to make them stand out.

Watch the Logos thread later this week...

Rod
Title: Re: Help Please for SHT Flight ID's
Post by: Roadrunner on April 02, 2008, 11:19:00 AM
Dont you need to add an i to that call sign based on their performance/cancellations over the last few days

Roll on T6........
Title: Re: Help Please for SHT Flight ID's
Post by: Hawkeye on April 02, 2008, 12:35:43 PM
I have a table of Alpha Numeric callsigns  tying up British Airways Flight Nos. to SHT callsigns. The table also has British Midland and City Flyer abridged callsigns as well.  Hundreds of 'em in all.!!
A lot ot them may be no longer in use but  current ones are still the same.
I'm sure this  would be useful to members but it's a file of over 700kb. Is such a large file allowable and if it is , how do I attach it.

Cheers,

S.H.