AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: jetset on January 13, 2013, 06:40:50 PM

Title: DPD ADS-B antenna
Post by: jetset on January 13, 2013, 06:40:50 PM
I currently have a Radar 100 which is very similar to the Watson radar extender (I think) and have just mounted it externally.
I'm getting 3 times as many hits (up to 200 in my flights) as I did when I had this mounted in my loft but not much more in the way of range, but that's because I need to get it up higher.
So now I've finally got it outside and getting much improved reception I want more. Apart from getting it higher I'm already looking at alternative antennae and have always been aware of the DPD offering but was wondering if it would actually be much of an upgrade.?

Has anyone replaced their dedicated third party antenna with this one and if so was it much of an improvement?
Title: Re: DPD ADS-B antenna
Post by: CYYZGUY on January 14, 2013, 02:50:23 PM
I can't speak for any other 3rd party antenna's but I upgraded from the supplied airnav antenna to the DPD one and it was like night and day.  Mind you, my antenna is up over 120 Feet. (35 Meters) I am pulling in flights as far away as 400Nm.


Jason

Title: Re: DPD ADS-B antenna
Post by: jetset on January 15, 2013, 07:02:36 PM
Is that 120 feet above the sea or above the ground?
Title: Re: DPD ADS-B antenna
Post by: Runway 31 on January 15, 2013, 07:24:49 PM
Its shown on this thread Jetset http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7298.0

Alan
Title: Re: DPD ADS-B antenna
Post by: CYYZGUY on January 15, 2013, 07:31:30 PM
Thanks for providing the link for him.  You beat me to it!
Title: Re: DPD ADS-B antenna
Post by: jetset on January 15, 2013, 08:09:15 PM
Ah yes I did see that thanks.