AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: jetset on January 17, 2013, 05:24:33 PM

Title: Lost map!
Post by: jetset on January 17, 2013, 05:24:33 PM
Just fired up the box and noticed I have no map display.
I'm getting flights and trying  to select the map from the drop down list does nothing but give me a continuous egg timer curser. (OK I know it's not an egg timer but it used to be years ago its now a circle thing)

Anyone help?
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: RodBearden on January 17, 2013, 07:41:41 PM
Steve - try Window...Restore Desktop.

If that doesn't work, try one or two of the options in Tools...Interface.

Good luck

Rod
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: jetset on January 18, 2013, 04:07:34 PM
Windows restore didn't help.
Selecting any of the option in the menus gives me the infinate swirly cursour.
Look like a reinstall is in order
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: jetset on January 18, 2013, 05:20:01 PM
Hmmm. Reinstalling didn't work either.
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: Runway 31 on January 18, 2013, 05:25:08 PM
What happens when you go Map/Set Map to /United Kingdom?

Alan
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: jetset on January 18, 2013, 05:40:35 PM
Nothing. I get the infinite swirly round mouse cursor.
Like the program has hung except it's still receiving and adding to my flights and I can still navigate through the menus and call up the log and everything else.
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: Runway 31 on January 18, 2013, 05:53:36 PM
You didnt install to the default programme files location did you?

Alan
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: jetset on January 18, 2013, 05:56:33 PM
Yes. Well only changing drive letter to D:\
It's always been install there.
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: jetset on January 18, 2013, 06:15:30 PM
One thing I have noticed is I seem to be getting about double the range I usually get!

(http://i.imgur.com/r30Yy.jpg) (http://imgur.com/r30Yy)

Something not right with these numbers and presume it's related to the map issue.
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: Runway 31 on January 18, 2013, 06:33:36 PM
That will probably be your problem.  Assuming your using Vista/Windows 7/8 installing to the default location gives rise to problems with the windows virtual store and I consider that the problem you are experiencing may well be caused by that.

We normally advise to install to somewhere like d:\Airnav to avoid such problems.  My opinion would be to de-install, then get rid of all orphan Airnav files on your computer and then re-install  as per above.

Alan
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: jetset on January 18, 2013, 06:51:58 PM
Thanks Alan.
I've fixed the problem by uninstalling again but this time I then deleted the remaining folders that were left.
I then ran CCleaner as a precaution and re installed.
Hey Presto I've got my map back.:)

I then found out why I was getting double the range.
When I had no map view and trying to get it back, one of the things I clicked was 'set as home location'.
Well for some reason that setting wasn't removed when uninstalling and now I can see the map, My 'home' location is about 20 miles to the west of Dublin!
I'm actually in Watford (about 20 miles north of London)

Thanks for following this thread and trying to help me out mate.
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: jetset on January 18, 2013, 07:12:49 PM
BTW I've reinstalled in the same location D:\Program Files (x86)\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox.
I have windows (7 64Bit) installed on C:\

I know a bit about computers but when it comes down to things like 'virtual store's' it goes over my head.
Is what I've done essentially the same as what you advise?
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: Runway 31 on January 18, 2013, 07:19:35 PM
Steve,

The D:\Program Files (x86)\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox is in the virtual store.  If its working OK, I would just leave it alone.  Anything in program files leads to the virtual store.

Alan
Title: Re: Lost map!
Post by: jetset on January 18, 2013, 07:23:52 PM
Everything hunky dory here.
Actually it's a good thing this happened because now I'm forced to rebuild my polar diagram after sticking my Radar 100 outside last week and get a true image of it's performance :)