HELP
I have unplugged my usb to move my laptop and now i have plugged it back in
I keep getting USB not recognised. I have tried using all 3 usb ports on the computer and same message each time I have tried rebooting the PC and still get the same message
the green light comes on on my radarbox when i plug the usb lead in but stll get the message
HELP please
thanks
Nick
It may well be the cable or the USB hub it is plugged into that is the cause of the proble.
Alan
I have tried a pen drive in the usb port and that works ok and i have also tried a dfferent lead from the radarbox
nick
I had the same problem and had to plug straight into the usb port on the computer instead of my hub, dont know if it was a power issue or what but have had no problems since doing away with the hub.
Alan
have just had a close examination of my usb lead and is has snapped where it goes into the usb connector
the replacement i am using has the same connector to go into the radarbox and a usb connector at the other end but does not have the round thing that the cable that came with the radarbox has
does this mean i need a specific cable for the radarbox
nick
Take the cable to Maplins or similar type shop. You will get one there. Make sure it is a shielded one
Alan
Hi Nick, as Alan says you can try Maplins qand other places, but please don't buy the cheapest lead that you come across. You get what you pay for with cables etc., and the cheap leads tend to have extremely thin and the minimum of screening - the braided metal that is just under the outer skin of the lead. Also the dearer leads tend to have more strands in each of the signal/power carrying wires, which makes them far more flexible and durable. The round "thingumebob" is a ferrite interference suppressor. Expect to pay £12 - 15 for a good quality lead. HTH CGJon
thanks for all your advice
nick