AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Burnley on January 30, 2013, 04:51:29 AM

Title: Antenna for home use for RadarBox
Post by: Burnley on January 30, 2013, 04:51:29 AM
I'm looking for an antenna to use at home for my RadarBox.  Ideally something that will attach to the chimney in some way.

I live quite high up so I should expect good results but I've no idea what antenna to go for and where from.  I will have to pay a local company to install it due to the height of the house and myself not being too good with these things.

I'm in England if that helps with locating a good supplier of an antenna.
Title: Re: Antenna for home use for RadarBox
Post by: Northern Watch on January 30, 2013, 08:41:59 AM
Hi Burnley

Have a look at this thread as it covers Antenna's and also the special cables you need to ensure you do not get to much of a signal loss.  There is a fine ballance between height of the mast and the length of cable.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6844.msg77487#msg77487

Hope this helps.

NW
Title: Re: Antenna for home use for RadarBox
Post by: Burnley on January 30, 2013, 10:10:51 AM
That's brilliant thank you very much.