AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Col on February 18, 2013, 01:43:20 PM

Title: Connection problem with Radarbox
Post by: Col on February 18, 2013, 01:43:20 PM
Hi

I suspect that I will have to send the box away for repair but before I do I thought that I would just check that I am not missing anything obvious.

I took my RB away with me and used it on my laptop with success but since I got home and re-connected it to my desktop PC I am picking up no transmissions at all. The light is green showing that it is connected and I live just below the approach to 09L at Heathrow so there is no shortage of activity outside.

I have replaced the USB lead with a new one but still nothing. Nothing has changed in the setup of the PC so it is unlikely to be anything to do with that so can anyone suggest something else for me to look into before I send it away (again!)

Cheers

Colin
Title: Re: Connection problem with Radarbox
Post by: Runway 31 on February 18, 2013, 02:13:58 PM
Have you tried it with the laptop since you got back, if its OK with it it must be something to do with your PC set up

Alan
Title: Re: Connection problem with Radarbox
Post by: Col on February 18, 2013, 04:21:51 PM
Thanks Alan - I should have said that I have tried the laptop with the same result! It did take a day or so for me to think of trying that though!!

Colin
Title: Re: Connection problem with Radarbox
Post by: Runway 31 on February 18, 2013, 04:30:07 PM
Sounds like a repair is need

Alan
Title: Re: Connection problem with Radarbox
Post by: CoastGuardJon on February 21, 2013, 11:18:24 PM
Hi Colin, you've probably already checked this, but check and re-check the antenna connector and the RB socket.
Title: Re: Connection problem with Radarbox
Post by: Col on February 22, 2013, 10:40:17 AM
Thanks for the advice - I have actually now sent it off to Waters & Stanton so hope that they can figure it out quickly. Feel lost without the RB though :-)

Cheers

Colin