Greetings again, I want to know if I can use an air band antenna (118.0-136.9 MHz DPD Productions VHF Air Vertical Outdoor Model) to my radar box ? This while I get the Rama Radar 5 dB antenna, that still fails to arrive, and I have to wait 1 week more, if I connect to my radar box this antenna I can cause damage to my box? Thanks. . .
Hi Gonz, no, you shouldn't damage the RB, but I doubt that you'll pick up anything that's not virtually overhead, due to signal saturation. It would be worth trying 13.5cm and 27cm lengths of thick wire connected to central conductor, the outer is screening.
Thanks Coast Guard Jon.
hi jon iv'e got problems again ,i think a neigbor has put a wireless camera up i am not reiceving flights more than 20 miles away ,we have a power cut thursday so i will be able to check then.i will have to get a filter
Hi Don, it'll be interesting to see if the scheduled power outage proves the point, just make sure that your lap-top's fully charged up though to power itself and the RB! Look forard to hearing what the result is.
got 2 batteries charged and inverter ready my laptop battery dosent last long.getting a quote for a filter from minicircuits