Hi all, can anybody give me any ideas as to how I can extend the antenna cable that is supplied with the RadarBox as I would like to put the antenna outside for a better reception.
Ian
I stand to be corrected I an but I dont think that there is a way to extend the supplied antenna and the only way is to install an external one
Alan
Quote from: Runway 31 on April 13, 2013, 05:58:05 PM
I stand to be corrected I an but I dont think that there is a way to extend the supplied antenna and the only way is to install an external one
Alan
Ok Alan, its a pity as I don't really wont to spend any more money on another antenna.
Ian
It could be done using one of these, but the antenna needs to be waterproofed as I've previously detailed. Mine's been outside and still performing well for four years now.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.msg60676#msg60676
Quote from: CoastGuardJon on April 14, 2013, 08:08:44 PM
It could be done using one of these, but the antenna needs to be waterproofed as I've previously detailed. Mine's been outside and still performing well for four years now.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.msg60676#msg60676
Thanks for your help, I agree about waterproofing as like you living on the coast the salt air is an issue.
Ian
Airnav specify that the supplied antenna is for internal use and should damage result from outside use, warranty may be voided.
There used to be a cheap magmount base whip aerial on sale - maybe it was for basestation - but the cable was longer and the antenna was far more robust. It just needed a connection adaptor. I used one myself for a while and it worked very well.