AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: hugh on May 27, 2013, 05:10:15 AM

Title: box problem
Post by: hugh on May 27, 2013, 05:10:15 AM
can someone tell me where to send my radar box to get checked out for  a problem
Title: Re: box problem
Post by: Runway 31 on May 27, 2013, 06:55:29 AM
Hi Hugh,

Contact Waters and Stanton http://www.wsplc.com/

Alan
Title: Re: box problem
Post by: hugh on May 27, 2013, 07:12:35 AM
Thanks Alan for reply do you think I should install drivers again the usb light flickering an aircraft is on screen with all the information except for the aircraft reg.and its nearly above my house. 
Title: Re: box problem
Post by: CoastGuardJon on May 27, 2013, 08:52:32 AM
Hi Hugh, this certainly doesn't sound like a Box problem, but as you suggest a driver problem.

I'd suggest Save any My Log entries, if you want to keep them, then Uninstall, do Search from Start box for any Air Nav files and delete these as well including any Registry entries, then re-install and try again.
Title: Re: box problem
Post by: Runway 31 on May 27, 2013, 10:48:08 AM
Hugh,

I wouldnt think the drivers would have anything to do with the registration not showing when all other info is present.  If it was a driver problem I wouldnt expect anything to show. What antenna do you use, supplied or external.  If it is the supplied can it see the aircraft.

What range are you picking up aircraft, has it dropped from your previous range being received, has the problem just suddenly started,

Does it happen with all aircraft you pick up or was it just one and all others show correctly.  If it was one aircraft what was its hex code if available to allow me to check the databse for an error.  If its all aircraft it sounds like some sort of corruption to the d/b.

Alan
Title: Re: box problem
Post by: hugh on May 27, 2013, 12:44:37 PM
Range has dropped from over 100 to around 20  I have  an ou side aerial  made for sbs I have downloaded new adu software yesterday also had a lot of wind going to test it on a friend's outside  aerial tomorrow . Only noticed it last night

Hugh
Title: Re: box problem
Post by: Runway 31 on May 27, 2013, 01:46:41 PM
I dont think the wind will cause any problems unless its dry wind.  Would suggest you contact Walters and Stanton, looks like a repair needed

Alan
Title: Re: box problem
Post by: CoastGuardJon on May 27, 2013, 05:22:36 PM
Hi Alan, as far as I'm concerned drivers and databases are all part of the software - not being IT savvy - I'd have just started afresh!

With Hugh's latest info of 100 dropping to 20 range, certainly sounds like the classic non-static caused problem!!

Hi Hugh, check antenna to lead connector for continuity and possible damp entry, before sending unit away.

Title: Re: box problem
Post by: hugh on May 27, 2013, 07:58:46 PM
Thanks for the replys i have downloaded airnav software again still the same put the internal aerial on picking nothing up with that.

Hugh
Title: Re: box problem
Post by: Runway 31 on May 27, 2013, 08:04:03 PM
Still think its nothing to do with software, contact Waters and Stanton

Alan
Title: Re: box problem
Post by: hugh on June 03, 2013, 06:45:14 PM
All fixed  something wrong in box modification done waiting for it to be returned.