Hi
Just noticed on the above header,this now being populated with G-CDIG EV-97.This in all where there is no photo available.On G-DCOI which is an AW139 there is a picture of an Air Cinha Airbus A321,what the hell is going on AirNav.Total melt down which looks like no-one seems to care any more.
Steady on, dotspotter - it's nobody's fault that Airliners.net doesn't have photos of either of those planes.
I don't know where you got the A321 photo from, though.
Rod
Rod
I understand what you are saying.What I am trying to say is,EI-EPU, G-EZWL ,G-EZWI I know have no pictures on airliners.net.Up until yesterday it was showing picture unavailable,and now it is showing G-CDIG EV-97 in all of those aircraft above I have mentioned.
Steve
Hmm... I've just had a similar experience, actually.
There's a wrong photo link in the database for G-TDSA - an F406 showing an Airbus photo!
That's down to the database update team, but they might say there is a bug in the software. Alan may well pick up this problem.
Rod
At the moment N520FX BD100 is showing an Air China A321 in place of photo unavailable.So is there a fault smewhere that is putting these pictures in instead of no picture.
Steve
dotspotter,
Your tone is terrible and I was not going to answer initially and I found it hard to understand your message.
Until someone take a photo and puts it up on Airliners we dont have a photo to show and the same for G-DCIO. For some reason the the Air China was in as a photo for G-DCIO. When I tried looking for G-DCIO on Airliners the first occasion I got a photo of a Ural A320 among others so I dont know where the problem lay. I will bring it to the attention of Airnav to see if the problem is with them ot Airliners,
I have deleted the reference to the photo from the database and would sugest that you bring the frame up on your d/b explorer and delete it from there as well. The next time you see it you should get the Photo not available tag.
I hope this is OK and you are a bit more civil in your tone the next time you come on. I note your next response is a bit more civil and the way it should have been the first time.
Alan
Alan - I've just found a similar problem with PA24 N250CC - the second photo is an Airbus.
EDIT - I notice that in the latest download of Navdata, the second photo entry for this plane is blank - possibly something has gone wrong with the AirNav's photo retreival routine.
Rod
The ones mentioned all seem to have an Air China and an easyjet against them for some reason apart from EI-EPU which is now showing G-CDIG which didnt come up when I asked Airliners for it initially.
I have deleted all references to the photo links from the database and please note their inclusion was nothing to do with the updaters.
Alan
Alan sorry for the bad tone,I have got photos waiting to go to airliners.net.Iam waiting for a batch of ten to clear then I can try and get more up and to populate the blanks on AirNav
Steve
I have had a look in the d/b and there would appear to be many more than the ones mentioned affected. Airnav have been advised by email and I wil ladvise when the problem is corrected and the bad links removed from the databse.
Thanks Steve for bring it to our attention. Problems arise on occasions its nothing at all to do with people not caring
Alan
Guys.
Had a similar problem with Easyjet A320 G-EZWI it shows a picture of a light aircraft bearing no relation to registration or type.
tommyg
Thanks Tommy, that one was mentioned above.
Alan
Alan
About half an hour ago,G-DZZY CH8B showed as "photo not available".Is this happening to recent aircraft or,across the whole board with aircraft with no picture.?Still getting the odd one with the Air China A321.Just as an aside G-DZZY was not a new entry,or does this make no difference at all.
Steve
There are lots with these photos against them. I checked and there are plenty marked photo not available. I dont know the reason behind the photos being added to some and they are not al lrecent additions to the d/b with some having no change since 2011.
G-DZZY now showing with the Air China photo.
Alan
Hello
We have just had a Emirates A380 A6-EEG appear with photos of the Air China and EV97 G-CDIG as well.
Andrew
LY-SPC just picked up the Easyjet pic and another airliner picked up an a chinese 321. However a few other aircraft have picked up correct images so not a problem on all pics.
Chris
We are investigating this issue. We will post when we have more news.
Glad it is being sorted,thought it was just me...
Just noticed that the photo of G-HACS [a Tecnam P2002] which had the correct photo a couple of days ago has now been replaced by an Air China A321
Tony
The photo problem has hopefuly now corrected and the offending photo links are now removed from the d/b.
Alan
How do we remove the links from our database? Wait for the new, updated database file or run Mylog>Tools>Populate?
The photo folder is now full of chinese Airbus A321s.
You could try the populate method or i will hopefully have a new Navdata out by Saturday. Just checked my folder and I only have the 2 shots of the A321,both against its correct registration. While the links are there in your Navdata the photos should not have their registration against the A321.
Can you confirm if that is the case as if every affected aircraft has its registration against the Chinese aircraft all the photos will require to be manually deleted from the photo folder as populating will not delete or replace the existing photos from the folder
Alan
Just checked the Photo folder and It's not just the Air China Airbus.
I have noticed Easyjet A320, Westjet 737, Singapore airlines A340 connected to the wrong reg.
Search reg. G-VGOA - should be Virgin A340-600, F-HSEA - CorsairFly 744, both showing as Westjet 737 and Air china 737.
There are too many to list. With 1000's of photos in the photo folder to go through, I will just delete all the photos. And hopefully the database gets fixed with the correct picture links.
I've attached a zip file with the incorrect photos linked to reg numbers from my photo folder. These are most of the incorrect pictures I could find.
Thank goodness I dont have that problem. Did you do a populate to get those? W
Can you send the photo links against G-VGOA and F-HSEA in your Navdata as the database contains the correct photos as does my Navdata. We cant establish which aircraft the WestJet and Air China 737's are and the links would allow us to see if there are any more rogues with these photos.
I think I ran Mylog>Tools>Populate last week on the database.
Photo links:
Westjet 737 (F-HSEA + G-VGOA): http://www.airliners.net/photo/WestJet/Boeing-737-6CT/2229712/L/
Air china 737: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-China/Boeing-737-86N/2228067/L
Singapore airbus: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapore-Airlines/Airbus-A330-343X/2218544/L
Easyjet Airbus: http://www.airliners.net/photo/EasyJet-Airline/Airbus-A320-214/2229684/L/
I used SQLite Manage Firefox addon to search the database for these links and delete them.
Had a look in the d/b for http://www.airliners.net/photo/WestJet/Boeing-737-6CT/2229712/L/ and the only instance is for lk against the correct aircraft
Similarly the database only contains the one instance of http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-China/Boeing-737-86N/2228067/L and that is for lk2 against the correct aircraft
As far as we are aware the following combinations of rougue were involved
Records were in the d/b yesterday with the LK showing http://www.airliners.net/photo/EasyJet-Airline/Airbus-A320-214/2229684/L/
and LK2 showing http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapore-Airlines/Airbus-A330-343X/2218544/L
Records were in the d/b with LK showing http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-China/Airbus-A321-213/2221219/L/
and LK2 showing http://www.airliners.net/photo/EasyJet-Airline/Airbus-A320-214/2229684/L
Records were in the d/b with LK showing http://www.airliners.net/photo/Evektor-Aerotechnik-EV-97-Eurostar/2225211/L/
and LK2 showing http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-China/Airbus-A321-213/2221219/L
The links above have all been deleted from the records concerned. We think it occured around the date of the first report but are unsure on that and how it occured is unknown at this time.
Thanks to all for your assistance.
Alan
Alan
All seems okay with the links.My picture of G-LHER is in place of photo not available,Slowly trying to fill in the blanks .
Regards Steve
Glad to hear Steve, many thanks
Alan
Alan.
Think the picture prob has reared it's head again. A6-EEI A380 has the picture of the EV97 Eurostar. I am using the latest db update. Have deleted the aircraft as no picture to delete and hoping for the best next time it appears
Rgds tommyg
Tommyg,
Neither the d/b or the Navdata have any photos or links against A6-EEI. I would suggest that it was a remnant of the previous problem in your photo folder and now that you have deleted it there should be no further problems for you unless you have similar in your folder against other aircraft.
Alan