AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: KB1CHU on July 19, 2013, 02:52:20 AM

Title: menus
Post by: KB1CHU on July 19, 2013, 02:52:20 AM
I can't find a description of the function "Mode s maximum range" . I have searched and can't find an explanation. Thanks Steve
Title: Re: menus
Post by: Runway 31 on July 19, 2013, 10:39:51 AM
Steve,

I cant guarantee its correct but I would suggest that this is the maximum theoretical range from your location, anybody got a better answer?

Alan
Title: Re: menus
Post by: KB1CHU on July 19, 2013, 10:58:53 AM
Thanks. The question still remains though,What does the button marked"Mode S maximum range" do if anything? Steve
Title: Re: menus
Post by: AirNav Support on July 19, 2013, 11:04:59 AM
It is as Runway 31 says.
Title: Re: menus
Post by: Runway 31 on July 19, 2013, 11:07:36 AM
If you press the button it will show a circle on the map showing the maximum theoretical range from your position.  You may need to zoom out a wee bit to see it. 

Alan
Title: Re: menus
Post by: KB1CHU on July 19, 2013, 11:27:27 AM
I understand now. My sleep deprived brain thanks you all. On vacation with my wife, 4 kids and 4 grand kids.   Steve
Title: Re: menus
Post by: Runway 31 on July 19, 2013, 11:32:14 AM
Ouch!! good luck with all them

Alan
Title: Re: menus
Post by: KB1CHU on July 19, 2013, 02:36:21 PM
And for my sanity two son in laws!