I have problems with the ANRB software, it often goes up to 80-90% of CPU usage. Even when there are almost no aircraft (<10) on the map it uses masses of CPU causing the fan to speed up!
I'm using Windows XP SP3 with all the latest patches applied and I'm not running anything else besides ANRB software. The PC is a Pentium 4 2.80GHz with 2 GB RAM. The software is installed outside the Program Files map.
The seconds to remove trail lines is set to 300 second, I'm not connected to the Airnav Network, but I share flight data, no Auto FTP upload enabled, Auto-populate and download photos enabled.
I'm using 4.03 (no 3D) [File version 3.1.1.77]
I've tried disabling AV software but it made no difference (the Airnav map is also excluded from scanning)
The MyLog.db3 file is ~200MB.
Anyone else having this problem?!
Best regards
Niklas
Hi Niklas,
I am running Windows 7 64 bit on an I7 laptop with 6 Gb Ram
At this time I have V4.03 in 2D with network showing 2009 aircraft and also have 3 tabs of internet explorer running, Google Chrome, Microsoft Outlook along with an Access based database running and Norton Anti-Virus and looking at Task Manager for a minute showed no higher than 18% CPU usage.
Has this always been the case Niklas or has it just started or have you just noted this? I am a novice regarding these issues but could the Pentium 4 with only 2Gb of Ram be the problem?
Alan
Hi Alan
I guess it's been this way since the start. 2Gb should be enough as only 490 MB is allocated ie. almost 1.5GB free. :-/
Possible that it's XP that's the problem...
Niklas
I cant really say Niklas I have little knowledge of these things. Maybe someone using XP can give a comparison.
Alan
Hi
I am not technical with regard to computers.
I have XP SP3 running stand alone ANRB (not network or sharing data) but feeding into Flightradar24.
CPU usage is about 20-25% but briefly about every 30 seconds it jumps as high as 80%
Regards
I noticed that when the CPU usage goes to 80-90%, RB does some backup/copy files.
After examining the problem some more I can only agree with Shouriken, the problem occurs when RB is doing backups of NavData.db3 and MyLog.db3, which in my case it seems to be doing very often! :-/
Niklas