AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: orkney on September 12, 2013, 02:41:30 PM

Title: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: orkney on September 12, 2013, 02:41:30 PM
Hello

Once again, The new Navdata Installer can be downloaded from the link below:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/DBUpdater/ANRBDBUpdater20130914.exe

This one has  204,469 aircraft records.

Thank you

Andrew
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130912
Post by: Runway 31 on September 12, 2013, 04:35:55 PM

**The Navdata is now downloadable**

Alan
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: Runway 31 on September 14, 2013, 07:39:10 PM
The Navdata update is now taken direct from the server in its entirety.  All airlines, airports etc are in the database complete with their local names including diacritical marks.  This is in preparation for the release of an updated version of the RB software which will see Navdata updates being done from within the software doing away with the Navdata updates as we know them,

PLEASE NOTE THAT V3.13/4.03 DOESNT HANDLE DIACRITICAL MARKS AND RESULTS IN CORRUPTION TO THE AIRPORT/AIRLINE NAME WHERE APPLIED.  IF YOU DONT WANT THIS CORRUPTION DO NOT DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE UPDATE. 

Alan

Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: jim_stockwell on September 15, 2013, 10:04:36 AM
Good morning Alan
I read with interest and some concern your last post. It would seem from what I read that we will not be able to update the database smoothly, ie without some corruptions, until a new version of ANRB is released. As there is no date for release, and I don't want to get into that debate, I am concerned that all your hard work will not be accessible to the likes of myself who really appreciate what you do, and rely on the updates to keep things running smoothly.
Have I got the wrong message?

Jim
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: tarbat on September 15, 2013, 10:54:49 AM
Jim, only if the occasional diacritical mark being displayed incorrectly bothers you.
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: Runway 31 on September 15, 2013, 11:01:22 AM
Hi Jim,

The corruption is negligable and only in route origin/destinations place names or in airline names and will show up this way in the detail next to the photographs.  Examples Air Méditerranée will probably show as Air M?diterran?e or the like and Málaga Airport something like M?laga Airport.  Everything else is largly untouched and unaffected by this but I am aware that while I and most users will have no problems with this, some users will not like any sort of corruption whatsoever so I am offering users the choice of whether to update or not.

I wouldn't expect there to be any more than 2 or 3 Navdata updates before it will no longer be a problem.

Alan
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: anorak on September 15, 2013, 11:20:46 AM
Thanks for your hard work and straight answers.
Dave.
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: jim_stockwell on September 15, 2013, 11:26:53 AM
Alan, tarbat

Thank you for putting my concerns to rest. As what you describe will not cause me any problems I will download the update.
I maybe reading something not intended Alan, but I look forward to the next few months for something to happen on the software front.

Once again, thank you to the updaters for all your hard work as you really make a difference to users like me who wish to enjoy the features we currently have.

Jim
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: EK01 on September 15, 2013, 05:52:36 PM
For me, having regular updates to the d/b is most important. The slight problem regarding the airports is easily attended to. Do nothing for most of the time but if you have an airport/route coming up showing the corruption just go into d/b explorer/airports and edit the details. Time taken is seconds and the changes made only have to be carried out once. I can put up with it until a new software release.
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: MIKE.UTD on September 16, 2013, 11:32:50 AM
Hi,

Big thanks "YET AGAIN" from me. Superb work.

Mike.
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: vonsmalhausen on September 16, 2013, 10:52:33 PM
so, in fact if you run the DB in the DBAirnav Syst Editing program, decompile it in excel files, make a copy of the "old" Airport excel file, then run the updater on the DB file, and again edit it with the editing program, replace the "new" airport file with the "old" one, and recompile a new DB file, ...... everything should be ok.
I already do this for the Airlines part, so I can keep changes I made to the DB.
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: tommyg on September 23, 2013, 08:00:06 PM
Hi Guys.

Am unable to download this update as I get error message source file cannot be read.
I am doing nothing different from previous updates

tommyg
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: Runway 31 on September 23, 2013, 08:18:15 PM
Just clicked on the link tommyg and it worked OK for me.

Alan
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: tommyg on September 24, 2013, 11:40:09 AM
Alan.

Thanks, I have just changed my antivirus to GData so that may be the problem. Will switch that off then try again.

tommyg
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: tommyg on September 24, 2013, 06:42:40 PM
Alan.

It was my new antivirus that was causing the problem, it even came up with an alert message stating that 'anrb.exe was a malicious program and should be quarantined' No Comment!!!!

tommyg
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: CoastGuardJon on September 24, 2013, 07:23:41 PM
Hi Tommy, I'd hazard a guess that the ANRB program hasn't got the Microsoft signed off certificate.........?
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: Runway 31 on September 24, 2013, 09:59:36 PM
Wouldnt think that would be the case or we would all be getting the same.

Alan
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: CoastGuardJon on September 25, 2013, 08:13:03 AM
Hi Alan, surely, once the program's been installed and used, it wouldn't happen as you've accepted it as a safe program, or am I barking up the wrong tree as usual.......?
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: Runway 31 on September 25, 2013, 08:36:17 AM
I can only go by Norton.  When I installed it I didnt have any of that malarky having to accept it as safe etc.  Anti-virus programmes are funny things accepting some and not others, dunno why.

Alan
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: CoastGuardJon on September 25, 2013, 03:58:10 PM
Hi Alan, I had so much trouble with AV and Firewall programs, I gave up on them altogether and run totally unprotected (8 years now) and haven't had any problems! Quick, better touch some wood.
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: Runway 31 on September 25, 2013, 04:18:07 PM
Better make it a big bit John

Alan
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: tommyg on September 25, 2013, 07:20:01 PM
Guys,

I am told that GData uses two antivirus programmes, the company that has the contract to keep our family  business computers serviced reckon it's currently the best on the market. I am not savvy enough to argue.

Tommyg
Title: Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20130914
Post by: Northern Watch on September 27, 2013, 09:53:07 AM
Thanks again guys.  Download no problem but coincided with the dreaded loss of range, down to just over 30 miles.  Looks like a visit to W&S for repair.

Regards

Keith