AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Airmad on April 12, 2008, 11:58:00 PM

Title: silly sma plug
Post by: Airmad on April 12, 2008, 11:58:00 PM
 hi there. just for info, If you cannot get a signal at Radar box, please check if the centre pin in sma plug is showing. the one in rb antenna had moved back and was not connecting
i just pushed on the lead to make it come back and it works ok (hope this help someone.)
Title: Re: silly sma plug
Post by: markb on April 13, 2008, 12:53:24 AM
I had the same issue, FWIW and actually, after I pushed the cable into the connector, the Rx was better than when I first received the unit!
Title: Re: silly sma plug
Post by: steveb25 on April 14, 2008, 09:00:21 AM
Same problem here. Started box up, nothing.

Checked the SMA connector, pulled right back, so with a quick push it was back in place.

Now to find a more permeanent solution, as I thought I was being extremely careful with the AE as have had problems with these connectors before
Title: Re: silly sma plug
Post by: markb on April 16, 2008, 12:10:22 AM
Update on my situation. I went to pull out the USB connector the other day and accidentally pulled on the antenna lead and ripped the wire right out of the SMA connector!   It didn't take a whole lot of force to do this, either.
I was able to sort of put it back together, but it looks like I'll be buying a new connetor, hopefully one that's a little more solid!!!!