As the thread title says.. I am getting a plane appearing every few days with the country flag appearing as a flower, with no other information.
Please see the screenshot below..
Is has a flight ID of 4319 and never changes. At bottom of list.
regards,
(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3746/10300019946_db35663ae2_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/10300019946/)
Strange return..... (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/10300019946/) by CYYZGUY (http://www.flickr.com/people/86721442@N07/), on Flickr
That (I think) is the Brazil Military 'flag'. It will be based on the Hex code you are receiving and is controlled by the 'D008.dat' file in the radarbox data folder.
The 'flag' image itself is in the data/flags folder named 'BQ'.
Possibly you have a Brazilian military aircraft based in your vicinity at the moment or it is something miscoding in that hex code range.
Jason, The imporatant bit missing is the hex code it is using please forward it and we will see if we can identify. Every possibility it is US or Canadian registered but using its former hex code.
Alan
Hi Alan, how do I display or find the Hex code? I had a quick poke around this morning and could not see where it is shown..
regards,
Jason
Hi Jason,
If you go into mylog for yesterday look for the flight and you should find it without too much problem
Alan
Hi Alan, the only thing I have to go on is the Flight ID which was 4319. In the mylog I do not see that as a field to search by...Maybe I am doing something wrong?
Jason
Hi Jason,
If you go down your mylog you will see a hex code with all the other info empty. It will probably begin with E4**** but definately it will begin with E.
If you run Reporter for yesterday, unknowns are usually at the top.
Alan
Jason,
On your main AN screen go into File>Preferences>General and in the box headed 'Grid Visible Columns' tick the 'Mode S' field and that will then show your hex codes for all aircraft you see.
Ian
Jason,
Thanks Ian, I didnt note the hex wasnt showing. It would be a good idea to also tick the Registration box as to let you see which aircraft you are picking up.
Alan
Thanks for the information guys. I just got to work, it's 8AM here in Toronto, so I will enable those fields when I get home and keep an eye open for it. It comes up almost daily, and is usually at 200 Nm+ and is definitely in the US.
Once I get the hex code I will post here.
regards,
Hi guys, ok, surprisingly, this mystery flight just took off from CYYZ, this time with a flight ID of 4331. Again with the flower looking country flag..
All other times I have seen it, it has been far away and with a flight ID of 4319
The hex code is E40090
Hopefully you can find out something about it..
regards,
Jason
GAS have hex code E40090 as:
Reg: PP-XJE
Serial: 17000001
ICAO Type: E170
Type: Embraer ERJ170
Operator: Embraer
ICAO Operator: EMB
But there's also mention of it being a miscode for either SP-LIB or N866RW as well.
This from http://www.airframes.org/
Hi Jason,
As stated by Tarbat E40090 was/is used by the E170 prototype PT-XJE, owned by Embraer.
N866RW was sold to Japan in 2010 and SP-LIB operates short haul routes out of Poland so it is none of these. Short of someone eyballing it to get the tie up i dont know how we will tie up this miscode. I will however make some enquiries to try and ascertain its ID.
Alan
A search on the Mode_S list gave this:
- all over Europe with LOT callsign.
The oldest record from Offenbach (near EDDF), Germany
E40090 LOT415 SP-LIB ! E170 0 33000 30.12.2010 18:08:36
and the newest, also from Offenbach (near EDDF), Germany
E40090 LOT377 SP-LIB ! E170 18575 1425 12/04/2012 12:15:30
and next from Motala, Sweden switched to 48AD01
48AD01 LOT457 EPWA-ESSA SP-LIB E170 LOT Polish Airlines 2012/04/13 15:21:42
- São Paulo Brazil:
E40090 19059302 SP-LIB E175 LOT 2012/12/21 12:28:21
E40090 19059302 SP-LIB E175 LOT 2012/12/21 12:28:21
- Guatemala City:
First seen:
E40090 CMP406 PP-XJE E170 ----- ----- 27/12/2012 16:24:16
Last seen:
E40090 CMP411 PP-XJE E170 23500 38000 17/06/2013 14:00:00
ORLANDO AREA, FL (SBS):
E40090 CMP241 N655RW E170 10900 25450 27/08/2013 19:39:59
Woodbridge VA (RB):
First seen:
E40090 4300 2013/09/06 22:21:38
Last seen:
E40090 4317 2013/10/15 10:25:21
E40090 4319 2013/10/15 23:03:06
Hex A8A0D9, i.e. N655RW, appears in many logs from the USA and Canada:
First record from Kingston, ON, Canada:
A8A0D9 7624 N655RW E170 31000 17550 30/12/2010 17:33:41
Latest record at KATL:
A8A0D9 -------- N655RW E170 11750 3750 04-10-2013 12:55:14
A8A0D9 -------- N655RW E170 2925 8275 04-10-2013 13:58:37
Thanks for that Liviu. One thing for certain is that E40090 is a hex code used for test flying by Embraer and while databases have it recorded against PP-XJE it is uncertain whether it is still in use on that aircraft. It would appear that 3 or 4 aircraft across the globe have code E40090 in at least one of their 2 boxes.
Some of the entires on the list would appear to be quite dubious. The CMP is the IACO code used by Copa Airlines and I wouldnt think that N655RW would be flying for them so looks like one of Copa's Embraers is similarly coded and the users box has N655RW against it wrongly.
N655RW would appear to be a likely candidate for Jason's aircraft assuming there is not another in the Shuttle Amerca fleet similarly miscoded on one box.
Alan
Maybe E40090 is the factory default ModeS hex code on the Embraer ERJ170?
I have had a few flights come up with that weird country flag, and no info other then the Mode-s...Next time it comes up with a different flight ID I will see if its the same hex code...
Pass me the hex code and I will see if I can identify it Jason
Alan