AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: CYYZGUY on November 03, 2013, 08:19:30 PM

Title: Post pictures of your Airband receivers/scanners that compliment your Airnav Box
Post by: CYYZGUY on November 03, 2013, 08:19:30 PM
I am curious as to what people use to compliment their Airnav Hobby in terms of radio's/scanners?

What is everyone using?

Click on the Photo below to see full size

Below is my setup.

(http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5499/10654268445_016134f121_o.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/10654268445/)
DSC_0151 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/10654268445/) by CYYZGUY (http://www.flickr.com/people/86721442@N07/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Post pictures of your Airband receivers/scanners that compliment your Airnav Box
Post by: Roadrunner on November 04, 2013, 07:16:05 AM
My set-up with 2 Uniden scanners - a UBC785XLT and UBC800XLT
Title: Re: Post pictures of your Airband receivers/scanners that compliment your Airnav Box
Post by: Runway 31 on November 04, 2013, 09:20:30 AM
I also have a UBC800XLT.  Now if I could only work out how to add frequencies to scan I could make some use of this great piece of kit.  Anyone willing to give me a quick tutorial offline!!

Alan
Title: Re: Post pictures of your Airband receivers/scanners that compliment your Airnav Box
Post by: Michel on November 04, 2013, 10:05:44 AM
Alan,

http://www.servicedocs.com/ARTIKELEN/7200238660001.pdf

Michel.
Title: Re: Post pictures of your Airband receivers/scanners that compliment your Airnav Box
Post by: CYYZGUY on November 04, 2013, 10:07:35 AM
The UBC800XLT must be the european version of the BCT15X we have here in the americas..

I am sure it is exactly the same to program..

This website was of GREAT help to me when I was getting into scanning many many years ago..step by step instructions...It is for the BCT15X but I am sure yours is the same.

http://marksscanners.com/BCT15X/bct15x.shtml

regards,
Title: Re: Post pictures of your Airband receivers/scanners that compliment your Airnav Box
Post by: Runway 31 on November 04, 2013, 10:17:56 AM
Thanks Michel and Jason.  I have the owners manual but its not the easiest thing to follow.  Will give it another go when I get back to Scotland next week.  I have even paid for and downloaded and tried a computer program which is supposed to make it easier, but not so far.  Once I get the hang of it there will be no stopping me but until then !!

Alan
Title: Re: Post pictures of your Airband receivers/scanners that compliment your Airnav Box
Post by: EK01 on November 04, 2013, 11:18:54 AM
Anyone got spare crystals and cats whiskers !

Ian
Title: Re: Post pictures of your Airband receivers/scanners that compliment your Airnav Box
Post by: Runway 31 on November 04, 2013, 11:43:58 AM
Life was easier then Ian, or so you told me!!

Alan
Title: Re: Post pictures of your Airband receivers/scanners that compliment your Airnav Box
Post by: tarbat on November 04, 2013, 01:47:31 PM
To be honest, if like me you're using the UBC800XLT, programming is far too challenging.  I use BCTools for all my programming, as discussed previously at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5578.msg56984#msg56984

(http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2551/3711696379_9b61d513bb_m_d.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/3711696379/sizes/o/)(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3429/3711697325_3fc312b56e_m_d.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/3711697325/sizes/o/)

http://www.bctool.org/
Title: Re: Post pictures of your Airband receivers/scanners that compliment your Airnav Box
Post by: Runway 31 on November 04, 2013, 01:51:52 PM
I have BCTools and am still struggling, maybe needing to give some time to it to sort it out.

Alan
Title: Re: Post pictures of your Airband receivers/scanners that compliment your Airnav Box
Post by: tarbat on November 04, 2013, 01:54:18 PM
Yes, it does take some time to setup, but the investment in time is well worth it.