AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: CYYZGUY on December 26, 2013, 02:07:01 PM

Title: Radarbox for Christmas?...Any new members welcome and hello!
Post by: CYYZGUY on December 26, 2013, 02:07:01 PM
Hi everyone, I bet there were some happy people out there yesterday who got a Radarbox for Christmas..

Say hello if you are new!

regards,

Jason
Title: Re: Radarbox for Christmas?...Any new members welcome and hello!
Post by: canary737 on December 27, 2013, 06:06:09 PM
Hi everyone.
I got a radarbox for christmas.
I'm running Windows 7.
I've installed the software, which is fine.
I cannot however, install the hardware.
I've checked the drivers and they are in place (with the obvious warning of unsigned drivers).
I'm flummoxed completely.
Any help appreciated
Title: Re: Radarbox for Christmas?...Any new members welcome and hello!
Post by: Runway 31 on December 27, 2013, 06:11:09 PM
Canary 737, Do you have 64bit Windows 7, if so did you download and install the drivers from the support page here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/drivers/ANRB64bitDrivers.zip  Note they are zipped.

Alan
Title: Re: Radarbox for Christmas?...Any new members welcome and hello!
Post by: granpa on December 29, 2013, 10:35:29 AM
Hello Everyone
My Radarbox is being delivered tomorrow and I'am just getting together all the downloads i might need, I'am running Windows 8 64bit so i've downloaded the ANRBWin8 v2.08.30 drivers and the ANRB50062BetaSetup is there anything else, i've read somewhere about the database needing an upgrade also am i right in thinking i need to take out a subscription on the AirNav site, any info much appreciated.

Andy
Title: Re: Radarbox for Christmas?...Any new members welcome and hello!
Post by: Runway 31 on December 29, 2013, 11:55:14 AM
Hi Andy,

Welcome.  The database is updated within the software under database explorer.  There may well be another beta available from tomorrow, V63 hopefully.  If I were you I would forget about the software which comes with the box and install the full beta download from the forum.  Install to C:\Airnav, dont install to the program files location to avoid problems with the windos virtual store. 

You shouldnt need a subscription as the box comes with a years 5 minutes delayed network subscription.

Any questions just ask and some one will be able to help.

Alan
Title: Re: Radarbox for Christmas?...Any new members welcome and hello!
Post by: granpa on December 29, 2013, 01:37:06 PM
Thanks for the reply Alan much appreciated.

Andy
Title: Re: Radarbox for Christmas?...Any new members welcome and hello!
Post by: canary737 on December 29, 2013, 10:48:41 PM
Many thanks for your help Alan.
I'm now up and running.
I've never had a radar box before, so I've got some reading to do.
I'll be busy next few days!!!!
Thanks again for your help
Regards
Mike