Can anyone tell me why i get aircraft coming up in the grid that don't appear on the radar normally its small stuff and owned by smaller company's, there's nearly always a picture yet they don't appear when i click on them.
Andy
Hi granpa
I think I can answer this one, please refer to the following link and all will be explained (I hope).
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6322.msg68716#msg68716 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6322.msg68716#msg68716)
Regards
NW
Ahh ok thanks for that all becomes clear now....
Hi Andy,
Aircraft need to be ADSB equipped to show on the map as amongst the information given by this equipment is positional data. Most smaller stuff, biz jets, military and some airliners such as Flybe's DHC8,s only have mode-s equipment so while we can pick them up and know that they are around they dont give off their positional information as ADSB equipped aircraft do, so cant be shown on the map.
Alan
Granpa and other newcomers may find my web page here helpful: http://rodbearden.com/RadarBox/RadBox1.htm