AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: PAULWIGGY on January 03, 2014, 01:57:29 PM

Title: Radar box at Airports
Post by: PAULWIGGY on January 03, 2014, 01:57:29 PM
Dear all,

Excuse my lack of technical knowledge on this query.

I have taken my radar box to LHR and LGW and at a relatively high location with good line of site, I am still not
Viewing the aircraft on the map until they are about 2000ft onward ( airborne) and similar lose the traffic on the map about 2000ft (.landings)

Is this a SETI g issue on my radar box or just how the situation with the display is?

Grateful of any comments

Paul
Title: Re: Radar box at Airports
Post by: Runway 31 on January 03, 2014, 02:01:12 PM
Paul,

I havent a clue what SETI G is.  However If you can see the aircraft the box should see it and show it on the display as the box works on the line of sight principle.  As long as the antennas can see it, the aircraft should display and will even show the aircraft on the ground.

Alan
Title: Re: Radar box at Airports
Post by: PAULWIGGY on January 03, 2014, 02:04:16 PM
Thanks Alan,

Really strange, aerial ' sees it' directly but doesn't display on map. I didn't know if there was a setting issue that
May be set not to display until xxxx ft

Paul
Title: Re: Radar box at Airports
Post by: Runway 31 on January 03, 2014, 02:08:29 PM
I am not aware of anything Paul.  I have taken my box to various airports and used it with no problems.  Looking at the newtwork I can see for example 10-12 aircraft on the ground at Heathrow at this time.

Maybe someone with more knowledge of these things can give a reason.

Alan
Title: Re: Radar box at Airports
Post by: PAULWIGGY on January 03, 2014, 02:09:31 PM
Thanks alan
Title: Re: Radar box at Airports
Post by: AirNav Support on January 03, 2014, 02:13:31 PM
Do you have any altitude filters set?
Title: Re: Radar box at Airports
Post by: PAULWIGGY on January 03, 2014, 02:19:54 PM
I have Base FT   0
           Top ft.     0
            Range 3oo and then some strange lat/longs 39.75   Long -105

These are in the advanced filter tab