Have upgraded to 5.071 and working ok but after spending hrs updating the database an putting * next to the regs that I have seen the next time I restart the box all the work I have done has gone is there a way of stoping this
rgds p walker
Are you recording these as manually updated by changing Y to N and also unticking update manually changed records in Preferences/Radarbox Also when doing a Navdata Update are you using Do not Update Manually Changed Records?
Also when you close down RB are you using File/Exit?
Alan
yep done that have just restarted the box and the 2 regs I just put a * against to test have gone back to the way they was and Y is back where I changed to N
was not using file/exit testing now
nope alan still not saving the changes
Always use File/Exit to close down as nothing is saved if tyou just use the red X
Alan
Where are you putting the *
Alan
next to the reg
Paul,
That will not work. Use the CO field in the aircraft record for any annotations
Alan
nope not worked either and have changed the Y in the autoupdate field to N and on restart is still going back to Y
I will need to get back to you
Alan
Paul,
Sorry for the delay. After waiting 15 minutes, she who must be obayed was becoming increasingly irrate at me telling her I am just coming when she was wanting me to take her into town!
Put the * into the CO box then press somewhere else on the grid to set the change, the same when you change Y to N
All manual changes to d/b explorer require this.
Alan
Hi
I have been using the 'CO' column for several weeks to record those aircraft that I have visually seen.
When an aircraft comes up on 'My Flights' I go to the database and put a 'yes' or 'no' in the CO box, change the Y to N and then click somewhere else on the line.
Next time the aircraft appears in My Flights the yes or no is there in the CO box.
The only thing I have found is that it is not instant. Although I change the data base if the aircraft is still showing in my flights it will not reflect the yes or no until the next time that aircraft appears, but I can live with that.
The 'CO' box is a good step forward for the 'visual spotter' like me.
I just wish I could delete more than one record at a time in the data base.
Regards
I know that feeling well Keith. I have to delete everything individually as well.
Alan
played around with it all night still cant get it to save the changes I make put yes in the CO field and change Y to N shut down the system and re start and its all back to the same as before
Paul,
Open up d/b explorer/Aircraft. Go to the top one N998HG, scroll along to CO field, click on it, then edit cell, the blue box changes to white, enter *, click on one of the pink boxes.
Scroll along to autoupdate, click on the Y, then edit cell. blue changes to white, change the Y to N then click on one of the pink boxes, close d/b explorer.
File/Exit to close down RB.
Restart and check the CO field on N998HG and what is in it.
Alan
Ian
my first reg is 00-0171 c17 put * in the co field and Y in the autoupdate field pressing in blank pink boxes in between shut down and re started and its the same as before
paul
Sorry Paul, I have no idea why you cannot get it to do the same as me and Keith, there must be something you are not doing correctly but I cannot work out what it is.
Are you using V5.00.71?
Alan
yes updated to v5.00.71 yesterday
Just did it by adding yes to the CO field of 00-0171 and restarted and yes is still there. I noted in reply 14 you stated you had Y in the autoupdate field, presumably a typo as it should be N but that shouldnt matter as it would only mean the record would be updated when you picked up the aircraft.
Alan
no idea why it wont save the changes giving up and going to pub will try again later
Paul
Try using something different to the *, try 'yes' and see what happens?
Keith
If my memory serves me correct it can have up to 8 characters. I have used * and yes today trying it out and no problems on either occasion
Alan
I have just tried the '*' and it works fine, after shut down and restart the'*' is still there.
Keith
Paul
I have tried various combinations and the only way to make it not update is to miss the step of clicking some where else on the line before shut down.
What do you mean by 'pressing in the pink boxes in between shut down and restart'
Keith
Keith,
It reads better ....blank pink boxes in between, then shut down and re started
Alan
Paul,
Just a thought, but after you have made any changes (edits) and before shutting down d/b explorer by clicking on the red cross on the right hand corner are you clicking first on the tab at the bottom of the d/b marked 'show all'.
Ian
Ian,
There is no need to click Show All for edits
Alan
Alan,
I wasn't sure about that one. I have always done it as I seem to remember about having to do that for something so just continued to do it and found no problems regarding changes made remaining as changed and not reverting back to the original.
Ian
Hi Alan
I presume you have been updating records from the full data base, just try one more thing:
Pick on any hex code and do a search of the db. This will bring up just the one line. Try editing that line and see what happens when you shut down and restart
It should not make any difference, you may get the same result as with your previous efforts but you never know.
Keith
Hi Keith,
I update direct to the server which is used to provide the Navdata updates each day.
Yes as well as editing you can also add and delete records manually using the same method. It used to be the only way to update the database before we updaters came along.
Alan
Sorry Alan, I meant to have addressed my post to Paul.