AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: CYYZGUY on March 12, 2014, 10:53:03 PM

Title: Example of aircraft icon pointing the wrong way..right down to landing..
Post by: CYYZGUY on March 12, 2014, 10:53:03 PM
I know I mentioned this before in another thread, but I finally caught an example and will show the screenshot.

THY17 on my screenshot is displaying the aircraft logo completely backwards for the entire time I was watching it, right down to final approach.  Why does the logo not display the correct direction the plane is travelling?  He was flying towards the VERKO intersection.


Notice the trailing line behind it and the direction the plane icon is pointing...just a glitch?????

(https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2071/13114696204_698692d4bc_o.jpg) (https://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/13114696204/)
THY17 Wrong way Icon (https://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/13114696204/) by CYYZGUY (https://www.flickr.com/people/86721442@N07/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Example of aircraft icon pointing the wrong way..right down to landing..
Post by: Runway 31 on March 13, 2014, 08:52:23 AM
Hi Jason,

I would suggest that the aircraft and its equipment is to blame here as it looks to me like faulty information is being given out by the aircraft as to its heading and the box is displaying the info it is being given.  I have TC-JJG on alert to see if I can pick it up and see what it is showing.  There is at least one of the Kuwait Airlines Boeing 777 aircraft that does the same thing and has done for years.

Alan
Title: Re: Example of aircraft icon pointing the wrong way..right down to landing..
Post by: Runway 31 on March 13, 2014, 11:11:08 AM
Jason,

Just picking up THY18 TC-JJG on its return coming off the ocean and all appears well with it.  I would presume it will have changed transponders for the return so will keep an eye on it.

Alan
Title: Re: Example of aircraft icon pointing the wrong way..right down to landing..
Post by: tarbat on March 13, 2014, 06:54:55 PM
If the aircraft is pointing NORTH incorrectly, then this may be a re-occurrence of a previous problem where track values of ZERO were being used which shouldn't.

Some aircraft only transmit HEADING and not TRACK, and ANRB should use the HEADING if the TRACK is missing.  See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4115.msg41466#msg41466
Title: Re: Example of aircraft icon pointing the wrong way..right down to landing..
Post by: Runway 31 on March 14, 2014, 08:52:30 AM
As stsated I note the aircraft as it came over the ocean yesterday and all was OK.  I have noted it this morning  in China and it was pointing due north as opposed to its correct heading.  Looks like it has an issue with one box only.

I have advised Airnav and have placed the issue on the task system along with full details of this thread for the Developers info.

Alan