AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: ashton152001 on March 22, 2014, 07:37:11 AM

Title: Version 5
Post by: ashton152001 on March 22, 2014, 07:37:11 AM
Morning

does anyone have a link to the Version 5 download?  I have the download for the upgrade to 5.00.71, but need the initial install, i've looked back through the topics and the links seem to be broken

thanks

Ian
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: Runway 31 on March 22, 2014, 08:02:28 AM
The last full install is V5.00.65 here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB50065Setup.exe

Alan
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: ashton152001 on March 22, 2014, 08:07:01 AM
Thanks Alan
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: Panzerman on March 23, 2014, 03:58:22 PM
Hi Guys

Looking for some assistance in updating my Radarbox Pro which I purchased this week. I have it hooked up to an external antenna, a Watson Radar Extender ' and have experienced a massive increase in coverage of up to 230nm.  I am keen to start feeding data but when I went to download the feeder software I was advised that the box had an old version of software and needed to be updated. This is all new to me and I do not want to stuff up my system if it all goes "south". I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction and advise if there are any steps I need to take before updating firmware and software? The box currently has version Software version 2.01 and firmware version 1.01.2. Both of which appear to have been superseded.

Kind regards

Sid Haynes
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: neroon79 on March 23, 2014, 04:57:38 PM
Very old version:

- Outdated NAV Database
- Many Outdated Company Logos
- Many missing Silhouetts

If using Win Vista or later do not install in Program files folder but anything else like ?:\ Radarbox or ?:\airnav systems\radarbox, as standard path can cause trouble. If using X64 operating system download drivers.

- uninstall V2.0
- 64bit drivers (if needed): http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/drivers/ANRB64bitDrivers.zip
- win8 drivers (if needed): http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/drivers/ANRB-Win8Drivers-v2.08.30.zip
- install: http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB50065Setup.exe
- install: http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRBUpgradeto50071.exe

Further questions, just ask

Regards Ingo
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: neroon79 on March 23, 2014, 05:00:21 PM
Just forgot, as far as I know a frimware update isn't required.

Ingo
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: neroon79 on March 23, 2014, 05:03:09 PM
If you are using ANRB Software no additional feeding software is required if you want to feed RB24 Website. Feeding (datas haring) functionality is integrated to ANRB Software.

Ingo
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: Runway 31 on March 23, 2014, 05:47:15 PM
Sid,

Welcome to the forum.

The latest full install available is V5.00.65 from here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB50065Setup.exe
As Ingo stated uninstall the previous old version and download and install the new one to C:\Airnav, I think it is the default now anyway from the installer.  Then downlaod and install the V5.00.71 from
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRBUpgradeto50071.exe

When you have it up and running go to File/Database Explorer and update the Navdata to the one available today.  If you wish you can update the Navdata every day

Any questions just ask and someone will be able to help.

Alan
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: Panzerman on March 23, 2014, 06:45:26 PM
Thanks Alan and others who posted.

I'll have a go at the software update next weekend. Full of cold at the moment, no doubt due to getting the Radar Extender antenna up. But well worth the effort.

Regards

Sid
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: neroon79 on March 23, 2014, 06:55:14 PM
Hope you get well soon!

Ingo
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: Panzerman on March 26, 2014, 01:18:31 PM
Hi Guys

I am planning to update RadarBox software this weekend and any other "goodies" from Rod's site. Is there any news on the Windows 8.1 drivers yet since I would like to run it off the new PC which is reasonably high spec?

Regards

Sid
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: Runway 31 on March 26, 2014, 03:47:24 PM
I suggest you speak to support at [email protected] re Windows 8.1 drivers

Alan
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: Panzerman on March 26, 2014, 03:51:33 PM
Thanks for that Alan. I expect they will arrive in the fullness of time.
Title: Re: Version 5
Post by: Runway 31 on March 26, 2014, 04:37:51 PM
There is a thread with drivers for test, however from feedback more work is needed and this is being looked at, however Puddy suggested the following.

This info is for those who are running windows 8.1 x64

choose airnav windows 7 64bit drivers and go through the directions below

1.   From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
2.   Click 'Change PC Settings'.
3.   Scroll down, and click 'update and recovery'
4.   Click 'recovery'
5.   Click under advanced start up and restart now
6.   Click 'Troubleshoot'
7.   Click 'Startup Settings'
8.   Click Restart 
9.   When Win8 restarts type the number next to \"Disable driver signature enforcement\"

can be used with windows 7 64bit drivers
works with airnav ver 403
works with airnav ver 5

Puddy