AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: CYYZGUY on March 25, 2014, 01:19:13 PM

Title: The Mystery of flight ID "N917FE" continues...strange logo..
Post by: CYYZGUY on March 25, 2014, 01:19:13 PM
As a few of you know, I can never get N917FE to display a logo (Mode S C00CEE).  I clearly have the N917FE logo in my logo's folder, showing up as "Morningstar Air Express"

This morning, it shows up with a NOVAIR logo???

This puzzles me...Where is it pulling this from?  Someone must be able to figure it out...

Screenshot..

(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7020/13403436093_1101aa43bd_o.jpg) (https://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/13403436093/)
N917FE strange logo (https://www.flickr.com/photos/86721442@N07/13403436093/) by CYYZGUY (https://www.flickr.com/people/86721442@N07/), on Flickr
Title: Re: The Mystery of flight ID "N917FE" continues...strange logo..
Post by: Runway 31 on March 25, 2014, 01:38:40 PM
Bet it is something to do with N9 being the IATA identifier for Novair

Alan
Title: Re: The Mystery of flight ID "N917FE" continues...strange logo..
Post by: CYYZGUY on March 25, 2014, 04:09:58 PM
Well, that could make sense, however, why has it never displayed it before??
This is the first time....
Title: Re: The Mystery of flight ID "N917FE" continues...strange logo..
Post by: Runway 31 on March 25, 2014, 04:29:37 PM
i-duno!!

Alan
Title: Re: The Mystery of flight ID "N917FE" continues...strange logo..
Post by: RodBearden on March 25, 2014, 05:27:37 PM
Alan's right - if the ID is different from the registration, RadarBox will look for an ICAO code in the ID. If it doesn't find one, it will look for an IATA code, so it found N9 for Novair.
Title: Re: The Mystery of flight ID "N917FE" continues...strange logo..
Post by: CYYZGUY on March 26, 2014, 01:22:54 PM
Hi Alan/Rod, maybe you can help me here, I am doing a search in the Logo's folder for "N9"  I will be damned if I can find the Novair logo...I was just going to update it with the proper logo for me....I doubt I will ever see a Novair flight in my neck of the woods.

Jason
Title: Re: The Mystery of flight ID "N917FE" continues...strange logo..
Post by: RodBearden on March 26, 2014, 02:22:55 PM
The N9 IATA code is translated to the NVD ICAO code in the Airlines table of the main database - so that we don't need logos for IATA codes.

Please read this post which explains all this: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6514.msg71413#msg71413
Title: Re: The Mystery of flight ID "N917FE" continues...strange logo..
Post by: CYYZGUY on March 26, 2014, 02:26:16 PM
Thanks for the link and the explination....

I appreciate it.

regards,

Jason