Hi
I've recently updated to version 5 and all is going well, however, i still have the same issue with the some of the messages received not being decoded correctly.
For example at Amsterdam, from time to time a KLM E190 would be decoded as up to four different aircraft, all would show in the aircraft list about 25 foot apart, these don't plot on the radar screen, but only one of them would be right.
The same happened with aircraft that did plot, so you would have the actual aircraft plotting on the radar screen, but, two or three aircraft in the aircraft list.
Any ideas? As i have always had this problem with Radarbox, but, never experienced on my SBS box.
Thanks
Ian
Ian,
This is the first we have heard of this in version 5. We now use error checking on ADSB equipped aircraft which should ensure they are all displayed correctly. Non ADSB cannot be error checked but we require two consecutive messages associated with the hex code before accepting, same as SBS boxes.
For the non-plotters do you have Filter Garbled Flight ID's and Squawks ticked in preferences.
When you state they are decoded as 4 different aircraft, what registrations/flight ID's etc are these 4 aircraft showing, are they the same only displayed 4 times?
Regarding the plotting aircraft same question and can you provide a screenshot please.
Alan
Alan
Thanks for the reply.
I didn't have that option checked, so I have checked that now.
The message was being decoded to three / four different aircraft, all with a hex code one digit different, I don't recall if there was a flight id or not I'm afraid.
Thanks
Ian
Ian,
Was the registration the same with the different hex codes or different registrations and was this the same no matter whether they were ADSB or not?
Let me know how you get on with that preference ticked/
Alan