AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: johnboy on March 27, 2014, 11:54:03 AM

Title: wrong logo why?
Post by: johnboy on March 27, 2014, 11:54:03 AM
Just picked up an RAF Tornado GR4 showing the logo Peach, any ideas why?
Title: Re: wrong logo why?
Post by: Runway 31 on March 27, 2014, 12:26:31 PM
As the logo is derived from the flight ID, what was its flight ID?

Alan
Title: Re: wrong logo why?
Post by: tarbat on March 27, 2014, 12:55:43 PM
I bet it was MM something, which is what I've seen (MM09 yesterday).  These IATA codes are a bit of a pain, so I've started deleting C2 field values from the airlines table to prevent these random logos appearing.  I'd rather see no logo than the wrong logo ;)
Title: Re: wrong logo why?
Post by: Runway 31 on March 27, 2014, 01:21:53 PM
Unfortunately for us that use the network that is not an option as Peach often use the IATA code as their flight ID.

Alan
Title: Re: wrong logo why?
Post by: tarbat on March 27, 2014, 01:27:07 PM
Agreed Alan.  Depends on your aviation interests.  For me, local military is my priority, living as I do alongside the busiest RAF/NATO bombing range (http://www.raf.mod.uk/raftain/)
Title: Re: wrong logo why?
Post by: Runway 31 on March 27, 2014, 01:32:51 PM
Agreed Chris, guess its a matter of weighing up priorities and how often they are affected.

Alan

Title: Re: wrong logo why?
Post by: johnboy on March 27, 2014, 02:10:26 PM
Sorry didn't get the ID it went off screen before i could make a note of it.
Title: Re: wrong logo why?
Post by: oliver14 on March 27, 2014, 02:53:33 PM
Yes I got him too, it was MM01, I also got Peach as a logo, as I only monitor using the ariel, so I changed the APJ logo to a Marham one.
Title: Re: wrong logo why?
Post by: Runway 31 on March 27, 2014, 02:55:50 PM
They usually use MRM for Marham, maybe a mistake in setting the callsign.

Alan
Title: Re: wrong logo why?
Post by: oliver14 on March 27, 2014, 03:04:12 PM
Royal Falcon of Jordan logo also pops up when they use RL instead of Rebel !