AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: SleepyWeltonBoy on March 30, 2014, 02:17:38 PM

Title: A380 model is twin-engined in RadarBox 3D
Post by: SleepyWeltonBoy on March 30, 2014, 02:17:38 PM
I have been tracking a number of A380 (shown as A388) aircraft recently (Air France, Lufthansa) and they always appear as twin-engined aircraft in RadarBox 3D. Is this a result of a lack of updating in my software (I have the latest version of RadarBox 3D installed and have updated the databases), or are more recently encountered airliners (such as A388, B788) yet to be modelled and incorporated into RadarBox 3D?

Your thoughts and suggestions would be most welcome.
Title: Re: A380 model is twin-engined in RadarBox 3D
Post by: RodBearden on March 30, 2014, 02:39:18 PM
Hi Sleepy and welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid that your second thought is right - there have been no new aircraft models since the 3D software was released, and no new liveries either, so there are quite a few vanilla aircraft flying around in it.
Title: Re: A380 model is twin-engined in RadarBox 3D
Post by: SleepyWeltonBoy on March 30, 2014, 04:11:30 PM
I had suspected that.

As a newcomer to what is an interesting and rewarding pastime, which we can all share with each other, I must confess that I am a little surprised that for the additional outlay for RadarBox 3D that on-going development of models and liveries appears to have been frozen (after all the A388 and B788 have been in service for quite some time now).

It might be good if the community could get the benefit of a definitive response from AirNav Systems on such development, and if we might expect updated 3D modelling at some stage in the future. Here's hoping for better things to come!
Title: Re: A380 model is twin-engined in RadarBox 3D
Post by: tarbat on March 31, 2014, 08:19:49 AM
You could try building your own.  Here's the tutorial - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4552
Title: Re: A380 model is twin-engined in RadarBox 3D
Post by: AirNav Support on March 31, 2014, 10:30:57 AM
SleepyWeltonBoy,

When RadarBox 3D was released we stated back then we would provide basic outlay of models and liveries but we would not be creating more on each update etc.. This because the task of creating a new liveries models we thought would be picked up by customers who would want to cutomise to there locations in the world.

As Tarbat has posted there are ways to create specfic models and liveries.
Title: Re: A380 model is twin-engined in RadarBox 3D
Post by: RodBearden on March 31, 2014, 11:21:21 AM
Has anybody actually done that - if so, would they like to share their work on the forum?
Title: Re: A380 model is twin-engined in RadarBox 3D
Post by: tarbat on March 31, 2014, 07:51:53 PM
I have done one helicopter airframe, but would be reluctant to share on a forum as I used copyrighted material (from FlightSim via ModelConverterX) to create it.  You can read my experiences of doing this at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4258

Just make sure you get the scaling right!!