AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: anorak on April 09, 2014, 01:05:22 PM

Title: Grob Astir
Post by: anorak on April 09, 2014, 01:05:22 PM
You wait for ages for one, then four come along together, all around the Newberry area.
Dave.
Title: Re: Grob Astir
Post by: 1030man on April 12, 2014, 04:30:41 PM
I used to own and fly one. Comfortable and easy to fly. Managed several 5+ hour flights and a 7+er.
Title: Re: Grob Astir
Post by: anorak on April 13, 2014, 03:08:37 AM
Morning, just started to see alot of glide activity, and swallows,so must soon be Easter.
Dave.
Title: Re: Grob Astir
Post by: 1030man on April 13, 2014, 10:21:30 AM
Not much air activity near Bodmin Moor where I grew up, mainly Princess Flying Boats, Spitfires and Shackletons from RAF St Mawgan. I did fly a Slingsby Swallow once but that's not what you meant.
I'm totally spoilt here near the Shuttleworth Collection with some amazing Edwardians still flying and other vintage aircraft flying overhead most days now. (No ADS-B alas). Also get a lot of Heathrow, Gatwick outbound North traffic plus  Stansted and Luton circuit traffic and Birmingham Eastbound departures visible on clear days so RadarBox is on pretty well all day. I still can't tell a B767 from an A330 when overhead for the polar routes.
Sorry, gone bit off topic.