Downloaded a copy of Vmware Fusion last night (30day free trail) onto my Apple note book (Duel core) followed by a copy of Windows XP and then installed AirNav RadarBox.
Ran the system for about four hours with no apparent problems. Cannot say I noticed much speed difference between this and the base station PC.
The base station is an Intel duel processor running at 3ghz with 2GB of RAM and fitted with a Radion X1950 graphics card.
That's very interesting :-)
I wonder if this is a first?
I have been using my RadarBox on a 20" iMac with VmWareFusion and a Vista virtual machine. I plugged a second monitor to the iMac so I can have the RadarBox application runing al the time while I use the iMac "normally".
The configuration works fine. The only issue I have is that if I have to restart the configuration, when I get to the AirNav Radar box screen where I need to log on, after I proovide the information, the log on screen just stays there. The only way I can get the programm to run normally is to reinstall it.
I found a "turn around" to this problem by using the "snapshot" feature of VmWare. If I restore the snapshot after a restart then AirNav runs immediately, no log on required.
Right click on the RadarBox icon and select run with admin rights and that should easier then your work around.
Or upgrade to 1.5.
I got a MacBook Air a week or so ago and tried to get RB and SBS-1 running on it on Friday using Parallels Desktop. Strangely enough both worked first time with no problems, slightly easier than when I installed on my "proper" Windows PC!
I can't wait to try them out at an airport now
I have been running my RB on an Apple Mac Book Pro since January with no problems. I have set it up to boot into either Mac OX10 or Windows XP Pro using boot camp. Needless to say that since I installed the RB, I spend most of my time using My MacBook Pro running windows XP
I have a Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon with 9 GB 667MHz DDR2 RAM. I tied to get the RB to work on it but I never get more than 10 msg/sec and it keeps on showing Device:Locked and/or Disconnected every few seconds. Any ideas?
Are you using V1.5?
Yes.
Do you have any USB settings in the MAC system that you can change? Does not sound like a software issue but more of the USB connection not being held.
Good idea! Let me check..... Nope I cant change any of the USB settings in Mac OS.
Storm, are you running windows via VMWARE or are you booting into Windows via bootcamp? If you are using bootcamp did you install the drivers that are provided by the MAc during the process of setting up the dual boot process. These drivers are installed one you have installed Windows and allow the mac to function correctly whilst running Windows. Although the drivers are for the Mac keyboard trackpad etc it may have an effect on the USB ports to.
Hi Spaice. I have Parallels and the RB shows on the USB devices on the Mac and within Windows too. Its finds it and it works for a few seconds before it says device locked and/or disconnected.
Storm, Have you tried an an alternative USB cable and USB port? It may be that the cable or port may be faulty or unable to suppy the voltage required.
I have OSX V10.5.4 running on both an iMac C2D and a Macbook Pro with Parallels 3.0 Build 5608.
Radarbox V1.5 is working fine with an XP VM on both machines.
Tim
[attachment deleted by admin]
Thanks for all the reply and help guys. I tried all the USB ports. I cant change the USB cable since its actually a USB extender. basically carrying USB over a LAN cable. That might be the issue.
Storm, I think in these situations it's best to go back to basic setup and check if everythink works and then add all your other bits and pieces one at a time to see where the issues are. Let us know if taking your usb extender and lan off the RB works.
Yup worked nicley with 2 5 meter passive USB exntender. Looks like I will use that. Next thing to do is to set up a VNC server in the XP within MAC which is turning out to be no easy task.
Thanks to all for all the help and advice. I really appreciate it.