I have undertaken a little research on the forum but cant find the answer so apologies if I have missed it.
I am using version 5.00.071 and download the new data base reasonably frequently, I am assuming that the new database contains new records and therefore when I use AirNav offline these records will be available. Recently I have had need to use the AirNav offline a number of times and there are a lot of hex codes with no registrations. am I missing something or misunderstanding something as I would have expected the number of blanks to be small given I am downloading the database so often.
thanks in advance for any help
Nick
Hi Nick,
When I take my box to an airport I sometimes have problems with route info but have never had any problems with the aircraft data populating.
How many records do you have in the aircraft table? Also is the hex code and the other data for the aircraft in question in the Navdata.
Alan
Alan
thanks for the reply, I have 80159 rows in the aircraft table. looking at one specific gap for yesterday I have hex code 8005F1 which I cannot find in my Navdata file. this equates to B787 VTANH. interestingly the B788 does not appear in my actype table either.
thanks again
Nick
Hi Nick,
You must have more than on instance of Airnav on your computer and you will be looking at the wrong instanceas there are around 220,000 records in the aircraft table of the Navdata and the B788 is in the actype table as well.
I would suggest you have a look and delete all instances of Airnav/Radarbox off your computer. Then download and install the last full update of RB from here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB50065Setup.exe making sure it installs to C;\Airnav and not to a program files location. Once you have done that upgrade to 5.00.71 from here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRBUpgradeto50071.exe and then carry out a Navdata update using File/Preferences/Database update/Update all records
Alan
The actual database has 220k plus rows in ac table. So it seems, that you have very old, outdated database. Have you installad anrb software in the windows programs folder? If yes you should change it to something like C:/radarbox as otherwise virtual store can cause trouble.
Alan was faster. Proceed as he has suggested.
Ingo
Alan / Ingo
many thanks for the advice, I can see that in fact I do have two versions of ANRB of the laptop, I will clean it up in the next couple of days and report back. many thanks again for the advice
Nick
Quote from: Runway 31 on May 13, 2014, 10:07:02 AM
download and install the last full update of RB from here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB50065Setup.exe making sure it installs to C;\Airnav and not to a program files location. Once you have done that upgrade to 5.00.71 from here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRBUpgradeto50071.exe and then carry out a Navdata update using File/Preferences/Database update/Update all records
Just followed the above to re-install on a W7 64 laptop after disposing of my old XP desktop with a year old installation.
How do I "carry out a Navdata update using File/Preferences/Database update/Update all records" ?
landyman,
My mistake, File/Database Explorer/Database Updates/Update all Records and press the Start Update button.
You should see the green progress bar at the bottom going left to right. When it is complete the update will start processing and when it is ready you will be told to close down and restart. Close down as normal and restart and the Update process will be completed and the application will restart and if you look at the aircraft table there should be 218,*** records.
Alan
So just run:-
ANRBUpgradeto50071.exe
which I did. Thanks.
As an extra for others also doing a fresh install on W7 64, The drivers on my original 2009 CD were rejected by W7 (Home) as not correctly signed and would not load. I found an acceptable driver on AN's website.
Yes the 64 bit drivers on the website should be used for Windows 7 as the ones on the CD are not 64bit.
Alan
thanks for the assistance on this, The issue is caused by me not installing the old version after I updated to version 5 and installing version 5 in the program files folder.
having a working version is just like having an old friend back !
Nick
Glad you are back up and running Nick
Alan