AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: FACTflights on August 13, 2014, 08:00:35 AM

Title: Filter
Post by: FACTflights on August 13, 2014, 08:00:35 AM
In our area we have several ground stations that are transmitting.  I filter them out by using the following filter:  REGTISTRATION <> GND.  Which translates to: REGISTRATION not-equal-to GND. This works very well, but we also have some with a registration VARIOUS.  I would like to filter them out as well.  This would then require a filter that goes something like this:

REGISTRATION <> GND or VARIOUS

Any suggestions ?



Title: Re: Filter
Post by: CYYZGUY on August 13, 2014, 11:00:55 PM
I am not sure this is possible John, I have played around with layered filters and it seems you are limited to either one or the other I believe...

Could be wrong, hopefully someone else will chime in..

Jason
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: oliver14 on August 14, 2014, 07:53:59 AM

I have also often wondered if it were possible to have multiple options ( eg. mode-s = AE* and 43C* ) as a quick filter,  but it looks like it is just one or the other as said.
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: FACTflights on August 14, 2014, 08:43:17 AM
Yes, I think it would be quite handy to have a set of logical functions
(AND; OR; NAND; NOR) built into the filters. 

Maybe AirNave can look at it as a possible future version.
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: Runway 31 on August 14, 2014, 09:54:53 AM
I will certainly suggest they have a look at it.

Alan
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: RodBearden on August 14, 2014, 10:14:10 AM
I've been after a similar mechanism for alerts for years, but nothing happens...
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: Runway 31 on August 14, 2014, 11:10:24 AM
Hi Rod,

It works ok for me in alerts.  Just tried alerting on mode-s for 4CA* and 40* and got over 50 hits right away.

Maybe I am not getting what you are meaning, would you care to explain.

Alan
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: oliver14 on August 14, 2014, 02:27:15 PM

I do hope Airnav keep the updates coming now, as these sort of features would be great, and I know I am not a wizz on the technical side, but I wouldn't think it would be a massive job to achieve this.
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: Runway 31 on August 14, 2014, 02:59:37 PM
Oliver,

Can you confirm that like John, are you looking to filter out and not show more than one query i.e not show anything with a hex code beginning with AE* and 43C* as in your example.

Alan
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: oliver14 on August 14, 2014, 04:45:25 PM

Hi Alan, no the opposite, I just want to see anything starting with 43C and AE, in other words RAF or USAF mode-s codes in my flights,

thanks.
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: Runway 31 on August 14, 2014, 05:30:13 PM
OK got that Oliver, thanks

So some want to filter everything else out and some want to filter everything else in.

I will pass these suggestions on to Airnav for their consideration for a future update

Alan
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: oliver14 on August 14, 2014, 06:49:29 PM

Cheers Alan, the advanced filters on the map is the sort of thing I mean, e.g B74*, A38* , just shows those types as you know, it is very similar to that really,

thanks again.
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: Runway 31 on August 14, 2014, 07:15:45 PM
If only it were so easy Oliver.

Alan
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: RodBearden on August 14, 2014, 10:02:56 PM
Hi Alan - what I mean is a combination of filters for alerts, so that I could get a "ting" when a BA B788 is within 50 miles of EGCC, or a "whoop whoop" when any aircraft is below 10,000ft within 1 mile of me, or a "warble" and an email when flight AAL54 that is not a B763 is anywhere.

That sort of combination of rules and different actions would be very useful.

I have gone on at length about this over the years on the Forum and in correspondence with Dev, but, as I say, nothing has happened.
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: Runway 31 on August 15, 2014, 07:50:01 AM
OK understand that.  Its sounds and actions that you want to be changeable for an alert not the actual filters themselves. 

Alan
Title: Re: Filter
Post by: neroon79 on August 15, 2014, 12:20:23 PM
I guess that Rod (and I) would like to have an expert Alert configuration field like the configuration field you can find in lame encoder.

In this field you can enter complex alert configurations like these:

Alert1: FId==DLH*&&ACT==B748&&Range [EDDF]<<10NM, SOUNDFILE==C:\YOURFOLDER\RB ALERTSOUNDS;
Alert2: Range <<1NM&&ALT <<1000, SOUND==Std1;
Alert3: FId=DLH720&&ACT!=A388, SOUND==Std2;
Alert4: (ACT==A388||A359||B788) &&Range [EDDV]<<10NM&&ALT <<5000, SOUND==Std3;

It's quite tricky to add tgings like this as you have to perform plausibilty check of the things that the human infront of the PC will enter in such fields.

Ingo