AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: paagats on April 20, 2008, 12:08:51 PM

Title: Hong Kong
Post by: paagats on April 20, 2008, 12:08:51 PM
As advised earlier, I will be in Hong Kong on Tuesday (22nd) so will try and share data using hotel wireless network if possible. I am there all day Wed 23rd and leave Thu 24th around 4.30 pm to Dubai.

Inbound flight CX110
Outbound flight CX731

I will try other airports too but they are already covered by others (Madrid, Paris, London) last stop is Seattle then back to Sydney via LAX.

Incidentally, I notice when I am sharing data and using the network my flights do not show up!
Is this normal or does it mean they are not getting through?

Don't use network very often so haven't really followed up on this issue.

Peter
Sydney AU
Title: Re: Hong Kong
Post by: AirNav Support on April 20, 2008, 12:30:54 PM
Hi Peter.

Not sure what you mean by saying that your flights don't show up. Only another user on the network can confirm that as your flights that you pick up will be displayed in your MyFlights but to others on the network in will be there in network list.
Title: Re: Hong Kong
Post by: paagats on April 20, 2008, 01:14:46 PM
I meant that my flights do not show up on Network flights on my PC
Title: Re: Hong Kong
Post by: AirNav Support on April 20, 2008, 01:29:17 PM
Maybe I have misread your post but the flights you pick up from you antenna will be shown in your MyFlights list and displayed on the screen.

If you are sharing they are also sent to the network BUT they won't be displayed in your network list as that would cause duplication. Antenna picked up flights take precedence over network flights.
Title: Re: Hong Kong
Post by: paagats on April 20, 2008, 01:37:56 PM
Thank you, now I understand what precedence is involved.

BTW just noticed someone else will be in HKG at the same time as me!
Title: Re: Hong Kong
Post by: Protzenalp on April 21, 2008, 07:39:41 AM
I was in HKG last week and it was good. Unfortunately the hotel I was in downtown was not in such a great location, but I spent the last day at the Regal Airport Hotel and that wasn't too bad. Another alternative, near the airport, is the Novotel. They have some good rooms overlooking the airport also.