Hello,
sorry for my english..
but
i have missed firmware after try run firmwareupgrade programs... and now? :-(
[attachment deleted by admin]
How long have you had your RadarBox?
Did your Radarbox work OK before you tried the firmware update?
What was your firmware version before you tried to do the update?
Quote from: Allocator on April 21, 2008, 09:19:41 AM
How long have you had your RadarBox?
one week
Did your Radarbox work OK before you tried the firmware update?
yes
What was your firmware version before you tried to do the update?
1.01
You already had the latest firmware.
V1.01.0 is what you will get if you do the update using the file on the forum here. 1.01.2 is the "factory installed" version that comes with newer RadarBoxes - they are both the same.
You should not have attempted the update, so you might have corrupted your Radarbox firmware. You will need to contact AirNav Support at:
[email protected]
thank's...
Some help here guys, any suggestions on how we can make the support page clearer so nobody attempts to install older firmware?
Is there any confusion with it that we have not noticed.
Quote from: AirNav Support on April 23, 2008, 07:29:10 AM
Some help here guys, any suggestions on how we can make the support page clearer so nobody attempts to install older firmware?
Is there any confusion with it that we have not noticed.
Already covered in the FAQ - "Do I need to upgrade my RadarBox firmware"
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=822.0
However, the firmware routine should be intelligent enough not to attempt the install of firmware if the version is already current.
Allocator
Quote from: AirNav Support on April 23, 2008, 07:29:10 AM
Some help here guys, any suggestions on how we can make the support page clearer so nobody attempts to install older firmware?
You can't, users never read what they should.
Instead you should make the upgrade process foolproof, so that such problems cannot occur at all :-)
Rgds,
Ekki
Have to agree with Allocator and WiMo foolproof is the only way forward unless you want a serious number of corrupted boxes being returned.
How many times do people read instruction manuals before plugging in equipment?
I have noticed recently numerious posting related to a mix up between firmware and software versions if thats any help
How many boxes are there that need Firmware upgrades?
If it's small then remove the option altogether until there is a specific need to release a significant Firmware upgrade?
Jim
Jim
From what I can make out from the comments on the forum, there does seem to be a very few that now need updating, so your suggestion does sound right.
Anyway if there is still a need for the firmware upgrade maybe the option to contact support by PM and the link supplied to the upgrade done that way.
Yes that is what we are planing to do as there is only a handfull of users left with older versions.
The best has been reading the comments to why people have not followed the instructions:
"I did read them, but I was curious so I stuipidly ignored the warning"
It takes all sort to make a world!! ;-)
Quote from: AirNav Support on April 23, 2008, 02:06:58 PM
The best has been reading the comments to why people have not followed the instructions:
"I did read them, but I was curious so I stuipidly ignored the warning"
Welcome to the real world of enduser support :-)
Rgds,
Ekki/WiMo
Boy don't I know about that ;-)