Hi All
My old system xp packed up at xmas and I've had to buy a new tower but it run's on windows 8.1 and now my airnav radar box won't run it - downloaded but I can see at the bottom - it says hardware disconnected. Please help if there's a solution or fix?
cheers Jeff
Jeff,
Have you downloaded and installed the windows 8 drivers available on the support page. http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/drivers/ANRB-Win8Drivers-v2.08.30.zip
Also please note you have posted on the Rdarbox24 page. If you go onto the Radarbox page you will see at the top of the page a sticky giving instructions for installing to Windows8. If you still have difficulties, support@airnavsystem should be contacted for further assistance
Alan
Hi Alan
Sorry posting on the wrong site and what do I need to do when I open that link not very computer clever.
cheers Jeff
Jeff, the download is zipped so you will need to unzip to somewhere like the desktop.
Unfortunately I don't have Windows 8 but if you go to Devices and Printers you should see your Radarbox. Right click on it and then on Properties and change setting and on of the settings should be to Update Drivers. When asked direct it to the folder you put the unzipped drivers into
Alan
For Windows 8.1 do the following (The Windows 8.1 driver wont install otherwise):
1. From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
2. Click 'Change PC Settings'.
3. Scroll down, and click 'update and recovery'
4. Click 'recovery'
5. Click under advanced start up and restart now
6. Click 'Troubleshoot'
7. Click 'Startup Settings'
8. Click Restart
9. When Win8 restarts type the number next to \"Disable driver signature enforcement\" - I think it's number 7
When the computer restarts, go to Device Manager and right click on AirNav RadarBox. Update driver and point it to the unzipped 8.1 driver folder. Accept any warning messages and it will install and work.
Hi Roger
I now have put it on to the kids old laptop upstairs but even then I had to reinstall the drivers and I'm getting a much better coverage now.
Many thanks
jeff